Tow Truck Driver
- Mar 04, 2019
- Drivers : Truck Driver
Tow Truck Driver
Pittsburgh Transportation Group is the largest, independent transportation provider in the region, having been in business over eighty years. PTG operates over 800 vehicles in seven divisions ensuring that we are equipped to handle any size transportation movement. The fleet includes Taxis, Cadillac sedans, vans, limousines as well as 21, 25, and 38 passenger shuttle buses. Employee mechanics and company owned tow trucks offer service 24/7. Corporate meetings, conventions, shuttle contracts and social events serviced are serviced by our professional drivers and vehicles. Destination management services are also available.
Pittsburgh Transportation Group was the official transportation management company for Major League Baseball's 2006 All-Star Game.
Yellow Cab Tow Truck Driver/Lot Attendant
Summary of Position
Tow truck drivers are responsible for transporting disabled vehicles. Transportation of the disabled vehicle requires the ability to properly attach equipment from the tow truck to the disabled vehicle. The tow truck operator may also be required to make minor repairs such as replacing spark plugs, batteries and/or tires.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attach anti-sway bar to disabled vehicle by means of cable, chains or other grappling devices.
- Hoist vehicle using hand or powered winch.
- Tow vehicle to/from garage.
- May perform lot attendant duties when not engaged in towing.
- Complete various records and forms as required by the company and/or regulations.
Requirements of Position
- Ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of tow truck driving experience.
- Candidate must be able to pass a DOT physical.
- Candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to obtain Act 33/34 Clearances.
- Clean Driving Record.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!