HR Director-Specialized Svcs.
- San Antonio,TX
- Jan 10, 2019
- General : General
Reporting to the ISS Americas Region CHRO, the Human Resources (People & Culture) Business Partner has the responsibility for leading our Specialized Services Division (~10,000 employees) in all aspects of human resources. This individual will serve as a trusted, proactive advisor to the Specialized Services leadership team and direct reports, helping them translate business objectives into people strategies that drive superior results.
This leader will develop strong and trusting relationships with their business partners while ensuring the appropriate focus is placed on critical talent needs, development and organizational effectiveness. Through ISS People & Culture Programs, this leader will address systematic opportunities while placing an emphasis on enhancing practices that allow the company to attract, develop, reward and retain top talent.
- Build relationships with the Specialized Services leadership team, Field Leadership team and People & Culture leadership team to actively influence HR related-decisions.
- Serve as a member of the Specialized Services and People & Culture leadership teams.
- Lead and manage a staff to support business needs.
- Consult and support major change management and organizational redesign efforts.
- Partner with peers and other HR leaders in the various ISS COEs: Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Operations, Technology, Training and Development to create and deliver core HR programs and solutions.
- Understand the goals and objectives of both ISS and the Food Services business plan in order to develop and implements people strategies that support these business plans. This includes development and execution of workforce talent strategy.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues and leaders to design and implement HR solutions to solve strategic challenges.
- Consult with the Specialized Services leadership team members on challenges pertaining to identification, development, assessment and management of talent. Coach them in order to maximize their leadership effectiveness.
- Partner with the People & Culture Shared Services organization to ensure alignment to the needs of the Specialized Services business unit and be an escalation point for complex HR issues
- Responsible for managing the People & Culture budget for Specialized Services
- Bachelors degree in HR/Organizational Development, a related field, or 12+ years of relevant experience. Masters degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a HR business partner, consultant, talent management, organizational development or related experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a global or international organization within a highly matrixed culture
- Demonstrated experience working with a large hourly employee population
- Demonstrated experience working in an HR Shared Services environment
- Demonstrated seamless Change Management experience with large scale culture shifts
- Ability to lead and mentor a small team of HR Professionals, managers and project managers that support business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to think, plan and operate strategically (understands big picture impact; adapting solutions based on culture, environment, and business needs, etc.; and taking a holistic approach to HR solutions).
- Strong Project and Program Management experience a must.
- SPHR is strongly preferred.
- Fluent Spanish speaker is a big plus
Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
ISS is a global facility management company with over 500,000 employees throughout 52 countries. We are seeking goal oriented, value driven & customer focused people to join our team. ISS services a wide range of sectors including Business & IT, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Aviation & Transportation, Education and many other real estate use types. At ISS, we ensure our employees have a safe work environment and are engaged as well as motivated to provide the best possible service to our customers. We welcome you to join us on our journeyin realizing our vision in becoming "The World's Greatest Service Organization!"