- Kansas City,MO
- Jan 11, 2019
- Grounds Maintenance : General Grounds Maintenance
(Job Opening ID #510640)
Full-time position available with KCMO’s Parks & Recreation Department, Tree Services Division, 1520 W. 9th St. Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Plants, sprays, prunes, removes trees along public streets and on public grounds. Operates all ranges of equipment to include, but not limited to, aerial lift trucks, hauling trucks, clam trucks, chain saws, various types of pruning saws, chippers, backhoes, log trucks, tree spades, bobcats, forklifts, stump grinders.
- Inspects, evaluates, reports tree-related problems.
- Acts as first responder to storm events and tree related emergency call out.
- Ascends trees with a climbing rope and saddle or aerial lift truck.
- Works in high and hazardous locations. Assists in training less experienced trimmers in all areas of tree related work.
- May lead/train other field personnel.
- Participates in a variety of tasks incidental to the work.
*Much of the work is hazardous and requires considerable strength and agility. Utilizes independent judgment when necessary to avoid possible hazards to personnel, private property and the public.
- 6 months of experience in tree trimming work.
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license in accordance with City of KCMO policies.
- May be required to possess a valid MO Class A, B or C CDL prior to the end of the probationary period as determined by the department.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed by the City.
Salary Range: $15.55-$24.06/hour.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2019.
Apply online at www.kcmo.gov/careers.
EOE. The City of Kansas City, Missouri is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.