- Jan 11, 2019
- Construction : General Construction
ElectriCom Inc. is hiring for a Safety Specialist job in Greenwood,SC
ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company founded in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana, has experienced continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride on focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and further development of skills. ElectriCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will be based out of the Greenwood, SC office and is responsible for overseeing company South Eastern operations safety and health programs and partnering with the Sr. Manager-Corporate Safety in developing, implementing, and enforcing company safety policies in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Perform jobsite safety audits, develop and conduct safety training, participate in incident investigations, and effectively communicate safety related information throughout the company.
- Maintain thorough and updated knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and other regulations as it relates to safety and health in the construction industry.
- Oversee safety program including implementing, enforcing, and enhancing safety programs, information, and training.
- Conduct and complete accurate timely jobsite safety observations to ensure that safety related activities are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct incident injury investigations to determine root cause.
- Interact frequently with Sr. Manager-Corporate Safety and company employees, with safety compliance program development and other activities to effectively facilitate building a positive safety culture.
- Prioritize work and travel schedule as appropriate.
- Be able to work independently.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and managing his/her own work activities.
- Position reports to the Sr. Manager-Corporate Safety.
- Coordinate and communicate with field managers to address safety related findings and concerns.
- Associates degree in Safety or a safety related area or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety preferred.
- 1 year field utility construction experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- OSHA 10/30 hour trained (1926) preferred.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must be able lift and carry up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Working environment has exposure to both indoors and outdoors and related utility construction equipment and associated noise levels
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in the utility construction environment
- Expected travel up to 60% of working days
Visit call 812-723-2626 or email careers@ElectricomInc.com resume to apply.