Aerial Fiber Lineman Groundsman
- Jan 11, 2019
- Construction : General Construction
ElectriCom Inc. is hiring for a Aerial Fiber Lineman Groundsman job in Bandera,TX
ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company founded in 1960, has experienced continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and further development of skills. ElectriCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidate will be required to operate hand and power tools of all types, including air hammers, earth tampers, chainsaws, trenching equipment and a variety of other equipment and tools. Activities such as cleaning and preparing work sites, clean-up of debris or waste materials and loading/unloading of materials will be primary functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety First!
- Performs all work from the ground and may assist in aerial devices and ladders
- Clears work area and maintains safe job site conditions.
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or fiber as required.
- Assembles material on the ground to be installed by the line person or apprentice.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- All other duties as required or requested by Supervisors and/or Foremen.
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers
- Willing to work outside in varying weather conditions
- Flexible hours, including overtime required
- Location of job sites will dictate out of town travel.
- Must be willing to learn and grow with organization.
- Ability to learn how to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20’ in height
- Ability to lift and/or pull 100 pounds several times each day
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking
- Bending, twisting, squatting, reaching above the head several times per day
- Continuous use of both hands to operate hand tools and perform other duties
- Ability to work full-time, in an outdoor environment and in all weather conditions
- Driver’s license is required, with clean driving record
- Valid CDL-A is preferred but not required
- Ability to pass a DOT Physical
- Wear necessary PPE as required by company policy
- Able to follow directions, work safely & productively
- Enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day
- Endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10)
- hour day according to the schedule.
- Be able to stand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments,
- i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
- Able to traverse various terrains
- Communicate well with others
- Maintain attention during dangerous tasks
- Lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis, and up to 10 pounds on a continuous basis
- Background checks, drug testing and I-9 verification required.
- Option of choosing between 4 medical benefit plans
- Dental is offered
- Company paid life insurance
- Short and Long term disability
- Vacation accrual begins after 60 days of employment
- 6 Paid Holidays after 60 days of employment
- 16 hours of Personal Business time are awarded January 1st after one year of
- consecutive employment
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company match