Aerial Fiber Lineman
- Jan 11, 2019
- Construction : General Construction
ElectriCom Inc. is hiring for a Aerial Fiber Lineman job in Bandera,TX
ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company founded in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana, has experienced continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and further development of skills. ElectriCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB FUNCTION/PURPOSE Lineman role performs tasks involving aerial and ground telecommunications work at construction/service sites. May operate aerial truck and associated equipment with handling telecom line components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lineman role performs tasks involving aerial and ground telecommunications work at construction/service sites. May operate aerial truck and associated equipment with handling telecommunications line components.
· Safety First!
· Lead and motivate crew to meet OSHA, Customer and ElectriCom safety requirements, project specifications, and daily production goals.
· Safely operate a boom truck, climb poles as needed, and utilize standard tools of the trade.
· Ability and willingness to follow direction from Supervision
· Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment
· Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair overhead fiber lines
· Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications
· Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
· Install poles and place wires or cables
· Keep detailed record of work activity
· Basic tools required could be climbing tools (Belt and Gaffs), basic hand tools etc.
· Ability to utilize bucket trucks, crawl spaces, ladders, ceilings, tunnels, and trenches to access various installation and construction points as required
· The ability to work aloft, either from a ladder, aerial lift device, or by gaffing
· Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20’ in height
· Ability to lift and/or pull 100 pounds several times each day
· Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting, or walking
· Bending, twisting, squatting, reaching above the head several times per day
· Continuous use of both hands to operate hand tools and perform other duties
· Ability to work full-time, in an outdoor environment and in all weather conditions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Must have 2+ years' experience in the industry.
· Familiar with computers (our paperwork is handled electronically).
· Knowledge in building strand, lashing/over lashing, pole transfers, vertical grounds, and building and repairing aerial telecommunication transmission lines
· Properly climb poles with ability to safely use ladders
· Proficient in new build fiber installation and pole transfers
· Operate construction equipment and machinery
· Interpret engineered work plans and specifications
· Driver’s license is required, with clean driving record
· Valid CDL-A is preferred but not required
· Ability to pass a DOT Physical
· Option of choosing between 4 medical benefit plans
· Dental is offered
· Company paid life insurance
· Short and Long term disability
· Vacation accrual begins after 60 days of employment
· 6 Paid Holidays after 60 days of employment
· 16 hours of Personal Business time are awarded January 1st after one year of consecutive employment · 401(k) Savings Plan with company match