- Jan 28, 2019
- Airline/Airport : General Airline-Airport
Gate Gourmet-Cincinnati is hiring for a Cook job in Cincinnati,OH
A cook is responsible for preparing and cooking various food items according to recipes, and for observing and enforcing strict requirements with regard to food safety. The job includes sautéing, poaching, baking, grilling, and sauce preparation, as well as working with broilers, fryers, grills, ovens and stove-top cooking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Works overtime when required
- Arrives to work on-time
- Passes a criminal background check
- Passes a drug screen
- Handles fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
- Follows written food specifications and menu guidelines
- Handles knives and kitchen tools properly
- Completes paperwork
- Communicates with Supervisors and co-workers
- Follows directions
- Works as a member of a team
- Culinary degree or cooking certification preferred
- At least 2 years experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment
- Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
- Excellent communication skills desired.
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!