BUS FACILITY MAINTENANCE MANAGER
- Feb 28, 2019
- Management : General Management
Five Star U Street Parking is hiring for a BUS FACILITY MAINTENANCE MANAGER job in Sterling,VA
OS - BUS FACILITY MAINTENANCE MANAGER - (54547)
Manager is responsible for the assigned facilities, personnel and equipment under his or her supervision to ensure that the Company is providing professional and quality service and that the facility is operating in accordance with the established Operating Procedures and within budget.
General Description of Duties :
- Communicate effectively with employees and clients to ensure fulfillment of performance requirements.
- Maintain positive relationship with client representatives.
- Manage department budget and control operating cost for area of responsibility.
- Conduct regular audits. Ensure client audit requirements are met.
- Ensure accurate invoices are submitted in a timely manner. Follow-up on payment of all invoices.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training of all employees in his/her area of responsibility. Ensure this is done in accordance with established procedures and in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure that each employee receives proper training commensurate with the job responsibilities assigned and that all training is properly documented and maintained in training files.
- Ensure compliance with all safety, security, compliance and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, by our Clients, and by regulatory authorities within area of responsibility.
- Ensure that payroll submitted for processing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure that any injuries, incidents, or accidents are properly documented, reported, and processed appropriately.
- Manage safety program in area of responsibility.
- Find the best pricing, order parts, and maintain appropriate inventory.
- Responsible for scheduling mechanics.
- Facilitate the establishment of maintenance software to efficiently track work processes.
- Schedule all outside service work.
- Establish and monitor vendors for best service and pricing.
- Monitor weather conditions to prep buses for any potential problems, including ice, snow, and heat-related issues.
- Design and implement all preventive maintenance schedules.
- Assist with mechanic work as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Job duties may be modified at any time.
Demonstrate customer focused professionalism.
Three (3) or more years of maintenance management experience including budgeting, expense control, and scheduling.
Previous aviation industry and bus/fleet specific experience preferred.
Excellent communication and leadership skills. Must meet all requirements to receive required airport badge, including successful completion of a background check.
Individual must also provide driver’s license information so that the Company may conduct a motor vehicle history check.
College degree or similar work experience required.
Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license, class "A" or "B" with passenger endorsements.
Must comply with safe driver program standards.
Must be Air Brake certified.
Must provide updated DOT medical and corporate certifications. Annual re-certification is required in order to maintain employment in the classification.
Must have knowledge of MS Office Applications.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Able to work well in a customer focused team environment.