PRESS PRODUCTION LEAD 3RD SHIFT
- Mar 22, 2019
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Mission Foods is hiring for a PRESS PRODUCTION LEAD 3RD SHIFT job in Tempe,AZ
GRUMA Corporation is a growing part of a much larger, multinational organization, Gruma Corporation.
We are looking for a talented people for our MISSION FOODS USA.
Press Production Lead 3rd Shift
Responsible for coordinating and assigning overall duties, policies and procedures within the maintenance department and assist production to ensure that all processes are in compliance within the specifications and standards.
- Supervises Production employees.
- Serves as frontline leader between processing and packaging personnel.
- Obtains production schedule, requests necessary work materials & distributes among the operators and line workers.
- Monitors productivity, downtime and reduce waste to standards.
- Performs random weight inspections of product to and take necessary actions to ensure targets are met.
- Provides relief to production personnel as necessary (i.e. lunch time, absenteeism, breaks, etc).
- Coordinates change over with process operators and packaging personnel.
- Properly completes all documentation and reports.
- Enters data into SAP system, according to work instructions.
- Ensures processing area is clean and organized.
- Verifies code dates, sealing, product weight, and product appearance, is within specified parameters and conform to clients’ expectations.
- Ensures trays, pallets and/or boxes are within standards.
- Verifies equipment is in good working condition; communicates to management any deficiencies noted.
- Performs visual inspection of product ensuring quality is acceptable.
- Ensures employees are effectively performing assigned tasks and evaluates performance at appropriate intervals
- Trains new employees and monitors and evaluates their progress (includes Safety, HAACP & Food Safety); recommends transfers and promotions
- Fills in for supervisor in absence
- Conducts monthly Safety training meetings and participates in communication meetings
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements
- Verifies GMP’s and Safety standards are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted
- Consistently applies company rules per employee handbook and per company policies (i.e. attendance, safety, etc.) and ensures safety regulations, policies and procedures are followed
- Monitors Kronos schedules, timecards, and prepare all HR – related paperwork, including disciplinary actions, ESNs, Attendance Forms, etc.
- Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
- Other duties, as assigned
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Desire to Learn
Be able to walk long distances and to be on his/her feet for long periods of time
Be able to lift up to 50lbs
Able to work in dusty, noisy, hot, cold and small areas.
Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices
Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
At least 1 year in a Manufacturing environment preferred
Basic computer skills
Experience in processing or packaging of products
Ability to read/write
Planning and Organization Capacity
GRUMA Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with GRUMA Corporation depends solely on your qualifications.
GRUMA Corporation is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to JUDITH CANDIANI JCANDIANI@missionfoods.com or call (USA) 480 4912511 to let us know the nature of your request.