- Mar 27, 2019
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
NEW Plasma Donors
MAKE MONEY MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Donate Plasma - First 5 visits receive $50 each!
* Applicable for eligible, qualified new donors.
* Fees vary by weight and location.
Bring this ad on first donation to:
4313 Walnut Street, McKeesport, PA 15132
Visit us online at: www.cslplasma.com
Who Can Donate?
- Must be in good health
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Weigh at least 110 lbs
- Have valid identification and a permanent address
- Have had no tattoos or piercings within the last 12 months
What should I bring?
- Current Photo ID
- Government issued Picture ID (Government issued document/identification indicating CURP number)
- Social Security Number or Border Crossing Card
- Proof of address (utility bill, paycheck stub, etc. that shows your address)
What should I do to prepare before I donate?
- Drink 4-6 eight-ounce glasses of water, fruit juice or other caffeine-free liquid at least 2 to 3 hours before donation
- Avoid caffeinated beverages
- Avoid alcohol of any type for 24 hours before you donate
- Eat a meal prior to donation
- Get adequate sleep (at least 5-6 hours)
Have you ever saved a life? Your plasma donation can do just that. There are a number of diseases that are treated with plasma-derived products, and we’d like you to meet some of the people who benefit from those products.
In addition to helping others, donating plasma is good for you. You’ll be compensated for your time, and you’ll have the knowledge that you’re making a difference in someone else’s life.
What is Plasma?
Plasma is the liquid part of your blood. It’s the clear, yellowish liquid portion of blood that remains after the cells and cellular components have been removed which includes the red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.
Plasma is about 90% water and it makes up 55% of blood volume. Plasma contains cells, nutrients, proteins, enzymes, hormones, salts and more. Its primary objective is to move and transport material throughout the body to areas that are in need.
By doing so, plasma serves a variety of functions including helping to maintain a satisfactory and steady level of blood pressure as well as delivering proteins for blood clotting purposes and fighting various diseases. Plasma also helps to keep a pH balance, which is important for cells to function correctly for a healthy person.
The versatility of plasma makes it valuable for people who are sick. It is the essential ingredient for products crucial to treating patients suffering from many different life-threatening diseases and conditions, including hemophilia, shock or trauma, immune deficiencies and other blood disorders.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma, headquartered in Boca Raton, FL, is a division of CSL Behring, a plasma protein biotherapies company headquartered in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
CSL Behring is a leader in the plasma protein therapeutics industry. Committed to saving lives and improving the quality of life for people with rare and serious diseases, the company manufactures and markets a range of plasma-derived and recombinant therapies worldwide.
CSL Plasma Inc. is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma.