- Apr 25, 2019
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Abacus Staffing, a leading supplier of distribution talent has immediate, temp-perm employment opportunities for Warehouse Associates in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. Positions available are Picker/packer, Shipping/Receiving, Laborer/Handler in a warehouse facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The warehouse associate is responsible for inbound and outbound activities as well as inventory management within the warehouse. This comprises moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach truck, order picker or other heavy material handling equipment.
- Perform all necessary warehouse activities in terms of inbound, outbound and inventory processes (see details below)
- Collaborate fully with co-workers and other associates and maintain a peaceful and productive work environment
- Communicate strongly with leads, supervisors, Operations Manager and DCM
- Participate in improvement programs and help implement a culture of continuous improvement, driven by shop floor associates
- Maintain a very clean, neat and orderly work place according to specifications
- Adhere to all security regulations and standards set and contribute to making the workplace a safe, secure and friendly work environment
- Manage and maintain a 100% accurate inventory through adhering to set procedures
- Inbound activities may include: receiving, checking, sorting, inbound preparation and storing of product, using material handling equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers, verify and receive materials into inventory, marking and inventorying packages for storage or transit, include palletizing and shrink-wrapping, may include stacking of pallets and repeatedly lifting up to 50 pounds
- Outbound activities may include: Order preparation, picking, packing, processing, staging, loading. Candidates may be required to test on equipment prior to start.
- Overtime required as needed
- Pay Rate: Up to $12.00 per hour
- Abacus Staffing offers weekly pay with benefits available.
- Follow instructions for operation equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- May be asked to use a RF scanner or other equipment
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- Read write and communicate in English
- High School diploma or GED
Interested candidates please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process
eMail resume to: TXjobs@abacuscorporation.com
Call April for further details: (817) 571-4141
Apply In Person at:
1424 Airport Freeway, Suite L, Bedford, TX, 76022
About Abacus Staffing:
Founded more than 70 years ago, Abacus originally entered the marketplace as a commercial janitorial and maintenance service provider in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. More than seven decades later, Abacus is now a complex organization with locations across the United States and offers a rich variety of corporate services to customers across many industries. We specialize in providing best-in-class temporary staffing services, security services, and facilities management services to our customers. Our continued success is a testament to the dedication of our service workers, the value of our services and vision of our leadership.
With an active role in day-to-day management, our dedicated leadership team understands what makes Abacus an employer of choice to our contingent workers: competitive pay, financial stability, opportunities for advancement and growth as well as real, tangible benefits. Since our inception in 1944, we have provided gainful and exciting employment opportunities to thousands of people across the country.
Visit us at: www.abacuscorporation.com