- Apr 25, 2019
- Social & Recreation Workers : General Social & Recreation Workers
Want to make a difference in a young person's life?
This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth. Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training.
Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
- Reports to the Recreation, Fitness and Health Supervisor. Directs trainees in leisure-time recreation/non-vocational activities and leadership programs. Must be able to work evenings shift, including weekend/holiday hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in organization and implementation of the recreation/ non-vocational programs and leisure-learning activities and programs, encouraging trainees' participation.
- Orders and issues materials, supplies, films and game equipment upon supervisor's review and approval.
- Develops and operates weekly contests and tournaments. Assists in center-sponsored trips and events. Coaches intramural and/or varsity teams engaged in on- and off-center activities.
- Assists trainees in fitness and weight training programs.
- Assists trainees in various recreational clubs such as poetry, drama, talent shows, etc, and other creative activities, such as arts and crafts.
- Ensures that all programs comply with DOL requirements.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate's degree in work-related field.
- One year of experience working with youth.
- Prefer experience in a recreation/non-vocational program Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid CDL license with passenger transport endorsement
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wage with shift differential and paid-time off!
- You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but we offer a competitive wage as well as a shift differential.
- You would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401k, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off