- Apr 30, 2019
- Janitorial/Housekeeping : General Janitorial-Housekeeping
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and general upkeep of center buildings and grounds. Must be able to work evenings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Performs general janitorial duties in an office, such as cleaning, dusting, washing windows, and moving and polishing furniture and equipment.
3. Sweeps, mops and polishes floors. Vacuums and spot cleans carpets.
4. Empties trash receptacles and dusts furniture.
5. Performs minor maintenance repairs. Arranges for repair of office equipment and utilities.
6. Transports students as authorized.
7. Ensures that all tools and equipment are in good repair.
8. Attends required staff training sessions.
9. Cultivates and maintain a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a
safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
10 Clearly communicates and consistently models, appropriate employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
11. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
High School graduate or equivalent. Six months of work-related experience.
Prefer one year or more years of work-related experience.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to act on directives from Supervisor.
Valid driver’s license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
Benefits and Perks
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but we offer a competitive wage. You would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401K, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off.