Packer (Bag Catcher)
- Oct 19, 2017
- Manufacturing : Quality Control
1 Duro Way - Walton, Kentucky, 41094
NOVOLEX, DURO BAG, A NOVOLEX BRAND. JOIN OUR TEAM, WE’RE CURRENTLY HIRING AT OUR RICHWOOD, KY FACLITY.
All qualified applicants are hired as Novolex employees.
* No temporary agency involvement.*
Packer/Bag Catchers $13.17 per hour
The Packer (Bag Catcher) is responsible for catching and inspecting bags, ensuring that product meets our quality standards, with minimal waste.
Packer (Bag Catcher) Benefits include:
- Weekly Pay Check
- Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Wage & Benefits, including Medical, Dental, & 401k
- 11 Paid Holidays & Vacation Pay based on years of service
Packer (Bag Catcher) Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Meet production targets set by management.
- Catch bags as they come off machine.
- Inspect bags for flaws in quality, assembly, print or other problems, and reject those that do not meet standards set by management.
- Place proper amount of bags into sleeve in the press.
- Report machine adjustments and repairs to be done to Machine Tender or Adjuster Supervisor.
- Inspect bales to ensure they are sealed properly and meet quality standards before banding together and placing on skid.
- Band bales together.
- Place labels on bales, making sure they are marked correctly, neatly and are upright.
- Spot check bales to make sure correct amount of bags are enclosed (i.e, 250, 500).
- Place acceptable bales on skids by using proper lifting techniques
- Ensure machine is shut off to prevent machine damage in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to keep up with budgeted machine speed.
- Assist Machine Tender, if needed, while he/she performs work on machines during downtime, assisting in stripping and changing rolls and in clean-up.
- Keep accurate production reports, ensuring all required forms are filled out completely, accurately and legibly.
- Safely clean print when needed while machine is not running.
- Perform roll changes as necessary.
- If no specific work instructions are given, clean-up is to be performed at your normal work area.
- Meet/achieve safety, quality, production, waste and housekeeping goals as set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Packer (Bag Catcher) Candidate Requirements:
- Reading, writing and basic math skills are needed to complete paperwork.
- This is an entry level position.
- Must have ability to discern detail and make decisions about bag quality.
- Must be able to keep up with pace of machine.
If you are interested in full time Packer(Bag Catcher) position, click the "Apply Now" button, then select the Careers tab. Under Searching for Openings select Walton, KY and Click view jobs.
To Apply in person see address to the top right of this posting. 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY (We’re located right down the road from the Richwood Flea Market) .
If you have questions, call us toll free: 1-844- 201-1833, leave a message and we will return your call.