Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Oct 15, 2017
- Healthcare : LPN/LVN
3863 Trueman Court - Hilliard, Ohio, 43026
MacIntosh is NOW HIRING Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) positions!
Scheduled Hours per week: FT 7pm-7am with every other weekend required
Apply Now !
MacIntosh Company is now hiring for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) positions at all 7 locations in the Greater Columbus area; the purpose of this job is to ensure residents receive appropriate personal care and are enabled to attain their optimum level of functioning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Coordinates resident care in conjunction with Administrator, Director of Nursing and other disciplines within Center to ensure quality care.
* Maintains a high level of clinical competency, including on-going awareness of clinical best practices to align to regulatory requirements and organizations strategic plans.
* Exercises effective decision making to maximize best clinical outcomes for residents.
* Engages and partners with others to develop care plans and provide continuity of care to facilitate best outcomes for residents and clients.
* Accountable for nursing compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care in adherence with organization, local, state and federal regulations.
* Completes admission documentation in a timely manner (vital signs, skin sheets, and etc., plus offer explanation and reinforcement of call light system, etc.).
* Information is accurate, complete and completed on shift of admission.
*Answer call lights and communicate needs to appropriate person when unable to independently meet the request.
* Demonstrates ability to prioritize call light request and to make certain all are taken care in a timely manner.
* Administers scheduled medication to residents in a timely manner, ensuring proper and correct dosage is given.
* Works with pharmacy to complete the monthly cycle re-fill.
* Completes daily rounds with incoming shift.
* Provides shift report to oncoming personnel, which is accurate, concise and pertinent to the resident’s care.
* Coordinates the dissemination of resident information in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Coordinates resident care performed by others such as physical, speech and occupational therapies, trips to dialysis clinic, and others, insuring that the residents do not miss scheduled appointments.
* Provides assistance to meet residents’ nutritional needs.
* This includes ensuring that the physician orders are followed through with regarding the appropriate diet received at meals, monitoring intake and assisting with feeding when needed.
* Recognizes and corrects deviations from resident’s normal response to the nutritional plan.
* Assures that the policies and procedures around confidentiality/rights of all residents and their care information are maintained.
* Assists in MDS assessment, documentation and development of interdisciplinary plan of care and aids in maintaining, reviewing and updating the care plan Completes the medication administration record and treatment administration record to manage the medication and treatment protocols per company policy and procedure.
* High School diploma or GED
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Possess a Licensed Practical Nurse License from the State of Ohio that is in good standing. CPR certification
* Possess a Licensed Practical Nurse License from the State of Ohio that is in good standing.
* CPR certification. 2 years experience in long term care and in the management of resident care preferred.
* 2 years knowledge of and experience in overseeing ODH regulatory compliance. Technical experience with Patient Care/Management systems
Interested Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) please click on the Apply Now to start the application process or to attach your resume, and click to see the Open Positions.
Call 614-289-6449 with questions; fax your resume to: 614-345-9555
The MacIntosh Company is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations.
About MacIntosh Company:
Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, The MacIntosh Company provides care in Franklin and eight surrounding counties with five healthcare and assisted living centers, a home health and home care company and hospice company. We are big enough to provide career development opportunities throughout our network with resources and tools available for your success, while still remaining small enough that you will get to know the chief executives of our company.
Being a right sized company enables us to get to know each member of our team personally and accommodate professional development and personal commitments individually.
Our success as a leading healthcare company in Central Ohio is built on a foundation of fostering happy, successful employees. The MacIntosh Company challenges our employees to be their best and provides the tools needed for success. We as a company, are committed to recruiting and retaining talented professionals that can provide personalized, uncompromised healthcare to those we serve.