Customer Care Specialist
- Sep 23, 2017
- Customer Service : General Customer Service
Conduent is hiring for a Customer Care Specialist job in Harrisburg,PA
(Inbound Call Center - $12.75 per hour plus bonus opportunity)
A Customer Care Specialist (CCS) represents the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in responding to a variety of complex inquiries. A CCS must at all times maintain a positive image of PennDOT while disseminating thorough and accurate information in a professional manner. A CCS must be able to actively listen, ask probing questions, and communicate in clear and understandable terms without relying on scripted responses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Driver and Vehicle Services Customer Care Center handles all telephone inquiries for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Safety Administration.CCSs attend four weeks of classroom training and are tested on their knowledge prior to assisting customers. Duties and responsibilities of a CCS include, but are not limited to:
- Identify customer needs and interpret the Motor Vehicle Code, policies, and procedures to the customer’s level of comprehension
- Neutralize challenging or escalated customer situations
- Show empathy for customers’ problems and resolve issues by taking appropriate action; research and resolve customer disputes and inquires
- Present a professional and courteous image to represent customer-focused PennDOT standards
- Use proactive listening skills and probing techniques to better understand the customers’ perspectives, behaviors, and motivations
- Balance quality and quantity; provide information accurately and professionally in a timely fashion in order to assist the maximum number of customers
- Maintain required confidentiality of driver license and motor vehicle records
- Monitor, evaluate, and adapt behavior to respond to a variety of ages, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Display a positive attitude while meeting or exceeding the demands of a given situation, task, or performance standard
- Remain calm and professional during stressful circumstances
- Conduct self in a manner that maintains harmonious working relationships
- Act with integrity and professionalism at all times
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year customer service in a call center environment, or two years of general customer service
- Experience solving complex and escalated customer situations
- Reliable attendance history
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; IS400 experience is a plus
- Fast-paced/customer-focused setting
- Call center hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Call center is closed weekends and 11 holidays each year
- Overtime frequently available
- Ample opportunity for advancement
- Highly structured environment
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Conduent Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to accommodations@Conduent.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.