- Oct 02, 2017
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Novolex 1440 LeMay Drive Ste. 118 - Carrollton, Texas, 75007
Novolex/Dallas is hiring for a Quality Control job in Carrollton,TX
Quality Control (1283)
Awarded Best Place to Work in Dallas by Star Local Media 2016 - 2nd year
• Competitive wages; Commensurate with experience
• Medical Benefits
• 401K with match
• Payroll Direct Deposit
• Opportunities for Advancement
• Periodically, opportunities for overtime are available
• General training is offered
This position is responsible for the activities of inspecting, testing, auditing and reporting on materials, processes, products and finished goods to ensure conformance with company specifications and quality standards using variable measuring instruments and techniques.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the testing of products and recording data
- Notifying management of non-conforming material
- Write and prepare daily quality/product reporting
- Ensure all company safety standards are being utilized
- Perform safety and quality audits
- Record and save data in company database
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen
- Ability to work overtime when required/some weekends will be required
- Experience with product testing, past quality experience required
- Auditing experience a plus
- Ability to work within a team environment
Click on the apply button to apply online
Visit us in person: Novolex 1440 LeMay Drive, Ste. 118 Carrollton, TX 75007 Call: 1-844-201-1652 ext 372
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.