- Oct 02, 2017
- Restaurant : General Restaurant
Gate Gourmet is hiring for a Storeroom Helpers job in Sterling,VA
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Free hot healthy meals daily! Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays!
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
Feel Free to Join Us for a Walk-in Interview on any of the following dates:
May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
The address for this event is: 44845 Package Court, Sterling VA 20166
We are hiring for all positions including Cooks, Driver Helpers, and Many More!
We are now hiring for Storeroom Helpers to work in our flight kitchen located at the Washington-Dulles International airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Storeroom Helper receives incoming shipments, stocks pantries and kitchens, fills requisitions and counts products for accurate inventory.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Must be able to read and write reports in English
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Will work in extremely cold temperatures of 30 degrees or lower for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.