Seasonal Unarmed Security Officer
- Oklahoma City,OK
- Oct 05, 2017
- Entertainment : General Entertainment
Remington Park Racing Casino is hiring for a Seasonal Unarmed Security Officer job in Oklahoma City,OK
We are having a job fair on Monday, August 7 from 10:00 to 6:00 in the Racing Lobby.
- Responsible for the safety and well being of guests and fellow employees.
- Gives directions and provides escort to customers in need.
- Provides assistance to civil and law enforcement authorities, including testimony in court and other administrative hearings.
- Makes chip fills, jackpot verifications.
- Regularly provides escorts of money and persons in money-handling positions.
- Patrols all sections of property to identify safety hazards and breaks in security.
- Interviews, investigates and documents all applicable incidents in accordance with company policy.
- Makes lost and found detailed descriptions of people and incidents.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains and enforces internal security regulations.
- The Security Officer is uniformed, badged distinctively, and is armed.
- Must be knowledgeable and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by reporting senior.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE:
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry trends; learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Initiative: Able to bring about great result from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect materials for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Policies, Process, Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to written rules or practices.
- Team Centered- Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
- Equipment Knowledge-Able to operate various types of office equipment including, but not limited to; personal computers, printers, 10 key adding machines, copy machines, FAX machines, and telephone, typewriter, and photo identification systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate. May be in close proximity to horses.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- Prior experience in law enforcement, military or civilian security Services required.
- May require the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computers, access control card systems, gaming devices, safety equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.