- Mar 20, 2018
- Factory & Warehouse : Assemblers
1144 North Plano Road Suite 140 - Richardson, Texas, 75081
Assembles products, adhering to all productivity and quality standards, procedures, and goals.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Updates knowledge and awareness of related department subjects and topics through additional education as approved and/or recommended by management.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding devices.
- Operates small hand and power tools to assemble products.
- Operates manual and electronic equipment to test and analyze assembled products.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and cabinets.
- Crimps, screws, bolts, rivets, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- May be required to operate a forklift, pallet jack, and/or hand truck.
- May be required to solder electronic boards and components; operate pinning equipment; connectorize, polish and package fiber optic cables; and other specific tasks as assigned within each department.
- Maintains a clean, well-organized and safe work area incorporating lean manufacturing techniques.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Adapts to variable work tasks from multiple departments.
- Works effectively as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Responsive and flexible to changes in production demand and schedules.
- Remains open to and supportive of team ideas and management decisions.
- Displays cross-cultural sensitivity while working in a diverse employee population.
- Accepts constructive criticism and feedback and responds in an appropriate manner.
- Coaches and mentors others in a constructive manner.
- May be responsible for others duties as assigned
Desired qualifications / education and experience
- Minimum two years of manufacturing experience required.
- Ability to read, write legibly, and process basic math as typically acquired through completion of high school or equivalent.
- Experience working in a team environment required.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
If you are interested in this position, please apply in person!