- Dec 20, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : Material Movers/Equipment Operators
1144 North Plano Road Suite 140 - Richardson, Texas, 75081
Responsible for actively participating in a team work environment to include contributing to team meetings, decision making, consensus building, process improvement, meeting team goals, collaboration, and practicing good communication and conflict resolution techniques.
Material Handlers Responsibilities
- Physically receive material from vendors, accurately receive into ERP system and deliver internally as needed.
- Accurately pick work orders for production departments or to support inventory kitting functions and issue the material using ERP system and when possible use any hand held devices to expedite transactions.
- Deliver picked work orders to correct production locations.
- Accurately pick and/or pack sales orders for intercompany and customer shipments. Ensure they are properly marked and labeled as required by Telect policy and customer requirements.
- Research and resolve variances in cycle counts to maintain department accuracy goals. Assist in physical inventories as directed.
- Assist in off-loading or loading trucks and moving materials within the department or from other departments. May operate a forklift, order selector or truck for these duties.
- Display initiative in the performance of duties assigned; in recognizing tasks to be done; and in the practical development of new ideas on operations, procedures, and cost savings methods.
- Must follow all procedures designed to promote inventory accuracy and on-time customer shipments.
- Update and maintain accurate computerized and/or manual logs and files on a timely basis.
- Operate various electronic machines including counting scales, label printers, and computer terminals.
- Inform supervisor or lead of any order problems as they occur (e.g., unable to fill orders, etc.).
- Maintain a clean, well organized, and efficient work area.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must exercise sound judgment in all dealings with personnel, management, and other departments within the company.
- Must possess the ability to work cross-functionally between departments in a professional manner.
- Ability to read, write legibly, and process basic math as typically acquired through completion of general education or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and follow directions (both written and verbal).
- Must obtain the proper certifications to operate equipment needed to perform assigned task; such as forklift certification, and a valid driver’s license if driving a truck.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic English speaking, reading, and writing skills are required.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing and E-mail software preferred.
- Basic skills required to perform job tasks the Telect’s current ERP system typically acquired through on the job training.
- Ability to move products weighing up to 50 pounds from one area to another on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a forklift or other equipment common to logistics operations.
- Must have the ability to climb ladders up to 15 feet.
If you are interested in this position please apply in person!