- Oct 10, 2017
- Manufacturing : Maintenance
3954 Gannon Lane ATTN: Human Resources - Dallas, Texas, 75237
Head Start of Greater Dallas, Inc. is hiring for a Repair Specialist job in Dallas,TX
The duties of a Repair Specialist include maintenance, trouble-shooting, repair of electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing systems, simple carpentry repair, locks and key replacement, and other related tasks assigned for maintaining Head Start facilities in optimal operable condition.
Also includes the responsibility for Determining the need for outside contractor/services, inspection of work completed by outside contractors, and the requisitioning of parts and services in order to maintain those systems and facilities as required by HSGD to fulfill its mission.
Performance expectations include working as an active team member with other Head Start support staff and contractors to improve and foster the efficient response to and service in order to meet center repair needs and to support the Agency’s Mission.
- Paid Vacation after 1 year employment
- Paid Sick Leave
- 2 weeks paid Winter Break
- Medical Insurance
- 4 paid Personal days
- Dental Insurance
- 6 paid Holidays
- 403b Plan
- Bilingual incentive pay
Qualifications for the Repair Specialist:
- HS/GED and State Licensure in a Trade.
- Two years of experience in their chosen trade or general experience in facility repairs and preventive maintenance in a multiple campus setting. Preference given to a Journeyman’s licensure level or equivalent.
- Experience doing facility repairs and maintenance on equipment such as large appliances, HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing systems and general “handyman skills” are required.
- If working with refrigerants, then EPA and TDLR licensure is a must.
Click the APPLY NOW button to upload your resume. You can also mail or fax your resume.
About Head Start:
Head Start of Greater Dallas serves more than 4,400 low-income, preschool age children, and their families at 46 center locations throughout Dallas County. Of these centers, three are Early Head Start Centers and one is a home-based Early Head Start Center that serves infants, toddlers and pregnant mothers.