- Oct 09, 2017
- Education : Teacher
3954 Gannon Lane - Dallas, Texas, 75237
Head Start of Greater Dallas, Inc. is hiring for a Teacher job in Dallas,TX
Head Start of Greater Dallas is seeking caring and compassionate people to join our team! We provide children with the foundation of skills and knowledge they need to be successful in school and life, and fosters self-reliant families and communities.
Our Teacher Employee Benefits Include:
- Paid Vacation after 1 year employment
- Paid Sick Leave
- 2 weeks paid Winter Break
- Medical Insurance
- 4 paid Personal days
- Dental Insurance
- 6 paid Holidays
- 403b Plan
- Bilingual incentive pay
Duties for the Teacher include:
- Planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and early science, their problem-solving abilities, and their approaches to learning
- Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment
- Supporting the social and emotional development of children
- Encouraging the involvement of the families of children in the Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
Qualifications for the Teacher:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Complete a Child Development Associate credential within two years of services.
- Three months working in an early childhood classroom
Location: Brookhaven, Ferguson Oates, Lake west, Lancaster Kiest, David’s Place, Jerry Junkins, Margaret H. Cone, Sunny view, Robbie Jones, WMS-HS
Interested in this Teacher opportunity? Click the “APPLY NOW” button to submit your application!
You may also mail your resume to our address!
About Head Start:
Head Start of Greater Dallas serves more than 4,400 low-income, preschool age children, and their families at 46 center locations throughout Dallas County. Of these centers, three are Early Head Start Centers and one is a home-based Early Head Start Center that serves infants, toddlers and pregnant mothers.