Licensed Practical Nurse-1
- Mar 09, 2018
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
1500 West Ashland Street - Nevada, Missouri, 64772
Heartland Behavioral Health Services is hiring for a Licensed Practical Nurse-1 job in Nevada,MO
Licensed Practical Nurse-1 218123
Performs routine patient care work under supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs less skilled nursing duties. Must be licensed. Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the largest and most respected hospital management companies in the nation. Heartland is a subsidiary of UHS.
Standard 1 – Job Tasks & Knowledge – Completes position responsibilities by following established guidelines & protocols within the appropriate time-frames. Performs job functions at an acceptable level. (40%)
- Assists the R.N. in planning and delivering quality patient care.
- Performs nursing and laboratory procedures under the supervision of an R.N. and in accordance with the facility and procedures.
- Assists with patient trips outside the hospital.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with patients, using good communication skills and guided by the treatment plan’s goals, objectives, and interventions.
- Administers medications safely and documents according to facility policy and procedures.
- Documents observations, treatments, interventions, patient teaching, and patient responses according to the facility and department policy and procedure.
- Assists in providing a safe and therapeutic environment that protects the patient’s rights.
- Assists with patient teaching, medication instruction, and review of special procedure, as requested by RN/Nurse Manager.Assists the patient with activities of daily living and communicates changes to the charge nurse.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of MTP and NCP and follow through in patient care.
Standard 2 – Facility/Department Policies/Procedures-Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. (10%)
- Increase knowledge base via participation in in-service attendance, staff meeting and performance appraisal system.
- Follows all other facility and departmental policies and procedures.
- Channels concerns appropriately, deals with conflict appropriately and privately.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information in verbal, written and electronic information.
Standard 3- Education/Development & Initiative-Maintains education and development appropriate for position. (10%).
- Able to communicate with other staff, visitors, and patient/residents with compassion and courtesy.
- Reports to work on time, follows procedures for reporting absences. No more than six absences per year.
- Participates and maintains facility safety standards and culture.
- Attends department meetings on a regular basis.
- Attends department in-service programs and ongoing education to improve job performance.
- Completes all orientation and annual requirements according to hospital policy.
Standard 4 – Communication & Interpersonal Skills – Demonstrates good sills in all forms of communication. Works well with others in spirit of teamwork and cooperation. Shows awareness of differences.
- Is committed to the standards reflected by the Statement of Ethics and strictly follows the ideas and beliefs set forth by the Corporate Compliance Policy. Follows Service Excellence Standards:
- a.Treats everyone as a Guest
- b.Demonstrates Professionalism & Excellence in the things they do.
- c.Practices teamwork and always presents with a positive attitude.
- Badges or documents time worked according to organization/department policy.
- Demonstrates and appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency.
- Supports and participates in the organizations continuous quality improvement programs.
Must have graduated from an approved School of Practical Nursing; preferably supplemented by an accredited pharmacology course. Must possess a current Missouri license as practical nurse.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!
We are about the quality treatment of children at Heartland Behavioral Health Services. We believe in returning children to families or the community as quickly as possible. A big institution isn’t the ideal place for kids, but Heartland is a safe, positive environment where they can receive the treatment they need. We offer services and specialty programs that other residential programs do not. Our focus is to change the lives of children and families.
More Than 100 Years of Caring for Kids
Since its original construction in 1889, our facility in Nevada, Mo., has been dedicated to caring for children. Originally built by the Christian Church as a university, Franciscan nuns purchased the building sight unseen for $10,000 in 1892.
A Labor of Love
The sisters arrived in Nevada on Sept. 3, 1893, and opened a day school when a man named Hogan was unable to care for his children due to the death of his wife. Hogan approached the sisters to take in his children. These were the first of many children raised at what was soon to become St. Francis Orphanage.