Behavioral Health Specialist-a
- Jun 07, 2018
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
1500 West Ashland Street - Nevada, Missouri, 64772
Heartland Behavioral Health Services is hiring for a Behavioral Health Specialist-a job in Nevada,MO
Behavioral Health Specialist-a 224683
The Behavioral Health Specialist position is a challenging and inspiring opportunity for those who have direct-care experience working with children and adolescents in a professional environment, while under direct supervision of the unit charge nurse. Must be willing to serve as a mentor and positive role model in day-to-day activities, while ensuring the safety and well-being of our residents. The right candidate must have excellent Service Excellence skills, be enthusiastic, resourceful, and creative in treating everyone as a guest. Enjoy a great benefits package, and excellence in-house training programs, as you join a leader in the behavioral health field. Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the largest and most respected hospital management companies in the nation. Heartland is a subsidiary of UHS.
- Utilizes the treatment plan in determining and reinforcing interventions with individual patients.
- Assists with patient trips outside the facility.
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
- Assists in maintenance and identification of personal items both in lock up and on the person.
- Observes patient behavior and interactions and documents information in the medical record.
- Provides Mental Health Interventions to patients in a manner that considers safety, infection control, patient rights, comfort and the therapeutic environment.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, encouraging independent behavior whenever possible, as directed by the Master Treatment Plan/Program Guidelines.
- Sets limits on patient’s behaviors with the assistance of the unit charge nurse.
- Assists patients during meal times, observes intake, and reports to the unit charge nurse and documents as required.
- With assistance/supervision from other personnel, develops and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Provides patient education activities under the Unit charge nurse.
- Ensures that unit is safe, by providing daily rounds and completing safety rounds reports, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Some previous college courses in related field preferred.
- Must be able to complete CPR and Crisis Management certification.
- Prefer one year experience dealing with emotionally-disturbed or chemically-dependent individuals.
- Legible handwriting and ability to construct grammatically correct sentence structure.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!
We are about the quality treatment of children at Heartland Behavioral Health Services. We believe in returning children to families or the community as quickly as possible. A big institution isn’t the ideal place for kids, but Heartland is a safe, positive environment where they can receive the treatment they need. We offer services and specialty programs that other residential programs do not. Our focus is to change the lives of children and families.
More Than 100 Years of Caring for Kids
Since its original construction in 1889, our facility in Nevada, Mo., has been dedicated to caring for children. Originally built by the Christian Church as a university, Franciscan nuns purchased the building sight unseen for $10,000 in 1892.
A Labor of Love
The sisters arrived in Nevada on Sept. 3, 1893, and opened a day school when a man named Hogan was unable to care for his children due to the death of his wife. Hogan approached the sisters to take in his children. These were the first of many children raised at what was soon to become St. Francis Orphanage.