Personal Care Aide
- Oklahoma City,OK
- Dec 14, 2017
- Healthcare : Direct Care Staff
Personal Care Aide (PCA)
At this time, we are currently in need of Full-Time Caregivers.
We offer competitive pay, and a chance to work with a great team of caregivers and management!
As a PCA you will be responsible for assisting with hands-on client care in accordance with the initial plan of care and assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Personal Care Aide Qualifications:
- Must have completed the 8th grade of education and speak, read and write the English language.
- Will be required to pass an OSBI criminal investigation for felony conviction.
- Must provide copy of Certified Home Health Aide license issued from the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
- Experience in hospital, nursing home or home care helpful.
- Moderate to heavy physical activity required, including possible lifting and turning of adult clients.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, maintain valid auto liability insurance, and be able to drive throughout service area under variety of weather conditions.
Personal Care Aide Responsibilities:
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Provide clients with help moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles, with dressing, grooming and all other personal care.
- Changing bed linens, washing and ironing laundry, cleaning, or assisting with light housekeeping.
- Provide medication reminders.
- Maintain records of client care, condition, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor.
- Plan, purchase, prepare, or serve meals to clients according to the client’s dietary needs.
- Documents work performed for each client and submits time records in a timely manner.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the client.
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to clients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Accompany clients to doctors’ offices or on other trips outside the home, providing transportation, assistance, and caring companionship.
- Direct clients in simple physical exercises.
- Provide clients and families with emotional support.
- Organize in-coming / out –going mail and assisting with paying personal bills such as help reading a bill or check writing.
- Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire.
- Promotes the mission of Care Plus Home Care.
Click the “Apply Now” button to submit an online application!
For more information, or to schedule an interview, call the number listed to the right of this posting.
Any one position may not include all of the duties listed above, nor do the listed examples include all tasks, duties, or responsibilities that may be found in positions of this classification.
Care Plus Home Care was established in 1993 by local businesswoman Nancy Brewer and her daughter Kristi Brewer-Campbell. Together they have earned a reputation for giving quality care and attention to their clients.
"Being family owned and operated, we have been able to provide better one-on-one service to the client. Our caregiver retention is good because we are able to give our employees better benefits"
Care Plus Home Care provides an alternative for seniors wanting to remain independent and in the comfort of their own home.