- Oct 15, 2017
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Worthington Cylinder Corp. is hiring for a Production Associate job in Columbus,OH
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Worthington Industries is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. These individuals will be responsible for safely manufacturing quality parts on a fast paced assembly line. Duties include a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to: performing assembly, testing, problem solving, material handling, welding, paint line operation, press room operation, and quality control. The ultimate goal of the Production Associate is to achieve excellence in all facets of the role; providing the highest quality service safely, while effectively and efficiently increasing profits. Competitive benefits are available upon hire. Profit sharing and salary plan are available after a 90 days probationary period.
- Know, understand, and follow all plant safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Follow all set-up and operational procedures to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Run entry-level equipment and ensure all processes are completed per standard operating procedures.
- Perform duties on the production line including product transfer, parts assembly and quality inspections.
- Ensure inventory accuracy and tracking procedures are followed.
- Perform clean-up activities in production areas as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Basic math & reading skills
- Possess good problem solving and troubleshooting skills and safety practices
- Possess a high level of initiative and personal accountability
- Ability to perform in a fast paced work environment
- Attention to detail and consistent work patterns
- Must be 18 years of age and older
- Must have at least two valid forms of identification upon hire
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must have flexibility to work all shifts including weekends
Experience in production or manufacturing environment preferred.
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!