- Feb 15, 2018
- Drivers : Truck Driver
Gate Gourmet Dallas-Fort Worth is hiring for a CDL Drivers job in Dallas,TX
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Free hot healthy meals daily! Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays!
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Drivers to work in our flight kitchen located at the DFW Unit. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A Driver is responsible for loading galley equipment onto a truck, driving the truck to various types of aircraft and loading the equipment. All activities must be accomplished according to customer guidelines and while adhering to safety regulations. The Driver interacts with the airline representatives at the aircraft, therefore must be customer service oriented.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Current driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Class A CDL
- Some locations may require a Customs Seal from local airport authority
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug screen
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Majority of duties performed outside in all weather conditions
- This is a physically demanding position
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Must be able to work at heights up to 20-25 feet
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Will be required to travel up to 25% of the time
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging - Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!