- Flower Mound,TX
- Sep 22, 2017
- Drivers : Truck Driver
Salem Leasing is hiring for a Drivers job in Flower Mound,TX
For 50 plus years, Salem has grown and prospered by providing the highest quality transportation and logistics services to customers throughout the Southeast and Texas. With more than 40 company maintenance facilities and through a partnership with Nationalease. Salem has one of the best-maintained transportation fleets and some of the most highly committed employees on the road.
As business continues to grow, Salem is constantly looking for and recruiting qualified professionals to fill positions in all areas of the company, including:
REGIONAL CLASS A DRIVERS
Salem strives to offer competitive pay with an excellent benefits package. Some benefit offerings include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus Potential
- Employee Educational Assistance Program
- Direct deposit
- Credit Union
Some additional benefits our drivers enjoy are:
- Excellent compensation opportunities
- Company-paid orientation
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Driver Referral Bonus
- Stop pay
- Detention pay
- Drop/hook pay
- Well maintained equipment
This listing is a general overview of some of the major benefits that Salem offers its employees. For more details on plans and costs, please contact the Human Resources Department.
To transport and deliver freight by driving diesel powered tractor/trailer combination vehicle to pre-assigned destinations without accidents or loss of cargo.
Additional Duties include:
- Hook and unhook trailer from the tractor itself and crank lever to raise and lower landing gear on the semi-trailer.
- Load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dockworkers, and either with or without mechanical freight handling equipment.
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of freight.
- Securing of freight in/or on the trailer, by strapping, blocking, or other methods.
- Inspect tractor/trailer for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips, and submit a written report on the condition of the tractor/trailer at the end of each trip or tour of duty.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and to check for the presence of hazardous material. Check seal and trailer number on the shipping documents and compare with trip sheet.
- When hazardous Material are present:
- Check for proper preparation of shipping papers.
- Check for and compare information on shipping papers, and markings and labeling on freight.
- Make sure that vehicle is properly placarded.
- Drive truck to destination in accordance with federal regulations, normally in periods of up to 11 hours of driving, followed by an off duty period of at least 10 consecutive hours.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as mountain terrain, heavy traffic, inclement weather, and tight loading dock areas.
- Ensure that all required shipping documents (manifest, security seal, bills of lading, shipping order or freight bills etc.) are available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain purchases, mileage records and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents involving driver and or company equipment.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to the pick-up or delivery of cargo.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application.
For additional information, call us at (800) 709-2536.