- San Antonio,TX
- Oct 22, 2017
- Skilled Trades : Mechanic
4810 Justin Ct. - San Antonio, North Carolina, 28216
Salem Leasing is hiring for a Mechanics job in San Antonio,TX
For 50 plus years, Salem has grown and prospered by providing the highest quality transportation and logistics services to customers throughout the Southeast and Texas. With more than 40 company maintenance facilities and through a partnership with Nationalease. Salem has one of the best-maintained transportation fleets and some of the most highly committed employees on the road.
As business continues to grow, Salem is constantly looking for and recruiting qualified professionals to fill positions in all areas of the company, including:
Salem strives to offer competitive pay with an excellent benefits package. Some benefit offerings include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus Potential
- Employee Educational Assistance Program
- Direct deposit
- Credit Union
This listing is a general overview of some of the major benefits that Salem offers its employees. For more details on plans and costs, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Repair trucks, trailers and other vehicles. Mechanics/Technicians repair any part on the equipment.
Additional Duties include:
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Plan work procedures, using charts, technical manuals, and experience.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers’ performance specifications.
- Communicate with driver to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems. Verify problems by checking the DVIR and sign off on repairs when completed.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repair radiator leaks.
- Install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- Repair manual and automatic transmissions.
- Repair or replace shock absorbers.
- Replace and adjust headlights.
- Complies with all safety, DOT and OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure cleanliness of shop and surrounding areas.
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application.
For additional information, call us at (800) 709-2536.