- Sep 22, 2017
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Novolex is hiring for a Clamp Driver job in Walton,KY
Career Opportunities: Clamp Driver (5886)
Requisition ID 5886 - Posted 07/20/2017 - Walton, KY (WAL) - United States - Operations Support
Novolex is hiring for a Clamp Driver job in Walton, KY.
Novlox is currently seeking applicants for a Clamp Driver position in Walton, KY
Clamp Driver pay is $14.72 per hour
Clamp Driver Benefits:
- Weekly paycheck
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive wage and benefits including medical, dental, & 401k
- 11 paid holidays and vacation pay based on years of service
Novolex™ employs over 6000 people in North America from coast to coast. From our iconic corporate headquarters in South Carolina… to our 40 world-class manufacturing sites… to our new state of the art professional center near Charlotte… we strive to be the employer of choice in the global packaging industry. Novolex™ Careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth. Our team is rich in diversity and our culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork in all we do.
Clamp Driver Position Summary:
Operate clamp truck for assigned machines, ensuring paper is on-hand as needed.
Clamp Driver Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Complete pre-shift OSHA inspection and related paperwork on clamp truck; clean truck as outlined in procedure.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Operate clamp truck in a safe and efficient manner, following all applicable clamp truck procedures and rules.
- Report any mechanical problems with clamp truck so they can be repaired.
- Take paper to production machines.
- Keep accurate records of raw material pulled.
- Load and unload trucks and railroad cars.
- Keep warehouse in order by putting rolls of paper in proper locations.
- Stretch-wrap rolls of paper when needed and mark size on rolls.
- Bring all rejected rolls of paper out of production to reject area, per procedure.
- Drive forklift when needed.
- Sweep warehouse when needed, per 6S responsibilities.
- Responsible for filling propane tank on tow motor.
- Meet/achieve job goals set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
Clamp Driver Candidate Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- One year experience operating clamp truck, or similar, is needed.
- Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
- Good visual skills are needed to operate motorized equipment.
To apply for the position of Clamp Driver:
Click on the apply button to apply online, select Career Tab under Search for Openings, select Walton, KY (WAL), Click view jobs.
Or apply in person Mon – Fri 9am – 3pm 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY 14094 (We are located right down the road from the Richwood Flea Market)
If you have questions call us toll free 1-844-201-1833.
Leave a message and we will return your call.
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.