- Oct 25, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Amazon WFS is hiring for a Warehouse Associate job in Hebron,KY
You’re looking for a job, we’re looking for you. That is, as long as you thrive in a fast-moving environment, don’t mind working with and around moving mechanical parts, and are okay with a little noise. Our fulfillment centers, aka warehouses, are where Amazon orders come to life and where we focus on delighting our customers by delivering smiling boxes filled with everything under the sun.
Earn up to $18 an hour! Up to $27 an hour with overtime! Subject to shift availability.
On-The-Spot Job Offers
Monday to Friday – 9:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am - 3:00pm
Amazon Workforce Staffing
2091 North Bend Road, Suite 150
Hebron, KY 41048
Amazon is looking for individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that involves working with and around moving machinery. Fulfillment centers are where associates bring Amazon orders to life for our customers.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment center:
- We are committed to providing one of the safest work environments. This means you wear a reflective vest, stretch, provide safety tips, and recognize each other for working safely.
- We are customer obsessed, and together we focus on the customers to ensure their satisfaction. Because meeting customer expectations are a must, quality and productivity are critical.
- Noise levels vary and can sometimes be loud in parts of the building. Hearing protection is available.
- A relaxed dress code gives you freedom to move around and feel comfortable (but safe) while working.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key; associates should be open to working voluntary and mandatory extra hours and to working at a fast pace.
- Even with climate controls, temperature in some parts of our Fulfillment centers may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and can occasionally exceed 90 degrees. Especially if you’re working in the truck yard or inside of a trailer on the dock during a hot day.
- Some tasks will require standing in one place for extended periods of time (up to 10-12 hours a day), while others involve walking around the facility, including climbing stairs – comfortable, closed-toed shoes are a must!
What does a Warehouse Associate do?
- Receives product using frequency scanners, pulls and packs products and unloads shipments from trucks.
- Hands-on work. You can expect to handle packages ranging from small envelopes up to boxes weighing up to 49 pounds.
- Be on the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment in order to move large quantities of merchandise throughout a 10-12 hour day.
- Potential requirement to operate powered industrial truck equipment. You may be asked stow and pick items from our racks, which can be approximately 45 feet tall, and sometimes in narrow aisles.
- Health care benefits, starting day one
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday and overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Maternity and Parental leave benefits
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee discount
- We’ll support your educational and career goals with our Career Choice program, click here to learn more
- We also offer flexible work schedules for associates who are in school
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Flexibility to work any shift, willing and able to work overtime as required
- You must be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours a day and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
- You are comfortable working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
- You must be willing and able to work on powered industrial trucks, such as a forklift or order picker.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation