- Aug 26, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Amazon WFS DEN2 is hiring for a Warehouse Associate job in Aurora,CO
You’re looking for a job, we’re looking for you. That is, as long as you thrive in a fast-moving environment, don’t mind working with and around moving mechanical parts, and are okay with a little noise. Our fulfillment centers, aka warehouses, are where Amazon orders come to life and where we focus on delighting our customers by delivering smiling boxes filled with everything under the sun.
Continue reading, you’re on your way to your new adventure with Amazon.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment center:
- Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes…following the rules.
- Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
- Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
- Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
- Cool with casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday every day.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
- Temperature in our warehouses may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
- Operate PIT* equipment, powered industrial trucks; including walkies, reach trucks, stand-ups, clamp trucks, and order pickers some of which will reach a height of around 45 feet
- As a PIT operator, you will go through Amazon PIT Training, regardless of prior experience or training.
- Receive products using frequency scanners and unload shipments from trucks.
- You may stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
- You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
- You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
*PIT : Powered Industrial Trucks or “PIT” are an important element of working within an Amazon non-sort facility. PIT equipment includes walkies, reach trucks, stand-ups, clamp trucks, and order pickers, some of which you will reach a height of around 45 feet. Even if you already have PIT experience, all PIT operators will complete Amazon PIT training, regardless of prior experience or training.
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.50
Let’s sweeten the deal…
- Health care benefits, starting day 1
- 401(k) with company match
- Holiday and overtime pay
- Paid time off
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Employee discount
- We’ll support your educational and career goals with our Career Choice program.
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- You’ve thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Blow out the candles – you are at least 18 years old
- Flex, not just your muscles – you are willing and able to work all shifts
- Overtime isn’t just a sports term – you are willing and able to work overtime as required, bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off
- Let’s get physical – you must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
- Step it up – you’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
- You must be able to read and take direction in English.
- You must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
- You must be willing and able to work on PIT equipment, for example a forklift or cherry picker, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Basic Qualifications (because compliance asked us nicely to list these out…)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation