Maintenance Specialist- Asphalt
- Summit Argo,IL
- Aug 27, 2017
- Manufacturing : Maintenance
Owens Corning is seeking applicants for a Roofing Maintenance Specialist Asphalt I job in Summit, Cook County, IL
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401l with a strong Company match
- Health and Dental
- Incentive Program
The Maintenance Specialist 1/C is accountable to the Operations Leader for the continuous improvement of safety of plant personnel, environmental compliance, equipment reliability, and reducing maintenance costs consistent with overall plant goals. The purpose of the Maintenance Specialist 1/C is to be responsible for assisting the Operations Leader in maintaining and improving the equipment within the Summit Asphalt Plant.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and everyday and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
- Notify the Operations Leader immediately of any accident, near miss or injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Fix unsafe conditions and report them immediately to Plant Leader
- Knowing and practicing lock/tag/try procedures for all required Plant equipment
- Maintaining and understanding plant piping systems, including water, steam, compressed air, and asphalt systems
- Strong Pipe Fitter
- Understanding and use of proper lockout devices for piping systems, including locking of valves, installing blinds and confined vessel entry procedure
- Understanding and using burn-welding safety/hot work permits
- Understanding and practicing line breaking procedures
- Ability to replace and service seals and gaskets, including pump packing
- Skills required to replace valves and valve components
- Understanding the use of basic electrical test equipment. (Voltmeter, clamp on ammeter)
- Performing non-certified welding (Arc/MIG/TIG)
- Troubleshooting and maintaining burner systems
- Troubleshooting and repair for electrical systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of all plant equipment.
- Skills and ability for proper alignment of equipment.
- Forklift Certification and ability required.
- Aerial Lift Certification and ability required.
- Boiler operations & blow down.
- Boiler water chemistry testing.
- Knowledge of Fall Protection procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of Arc Flash Safety and PPE procedures and requirements.
- All additional maintenance skills required not specifically listed here.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of production operations
- Safety & Environmental Compliance knowledge. Safety and Environmentally Focused.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understands and follows oral and written communication instructions
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work independently and use good judgment
- Willing to advance skills and knowledge through on and off the job training
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate Globalink to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish required online training routinely
- Good computer skills including Allen Bradley panel views
- Ability to use a multi-meter
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Operations and Maintenance Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Boilers, Incinerator, Preheaters, Hot Oil system, Tank Burners, Truck Loading/Unloading, Acid System, and Computer Control Operations.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to work for up to 8 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/Stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 8 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, arc flash category 2 uniforms, arc flash gloves and additional protection (welding helmet, tinted glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task.
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable
- Bending or twisting
- Ability to move up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Click on the apply button to apply online.
If you have any- questions, please email Janet.Treder@owenscorning.com
Or call toll free: 1-844-202-2446
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.