Track Maintenance - Laborer / Seasonal
- Oklahoma City,OK
- Aug 27, 2017
- Entertainment : General Entertainment
Remington Park Racing Casino is hiring for a Track Maintenance - Laborer / Seasonal job in Oklahoma City,OK
We are having a job fair on Monday, August 7 from 10:00 to 6:00 in the Racing Lobby
- Keep tools and equipment clean and properly maintained.
- Maintain reliable transportation
- Be prompt and ready to work when shift begins
- Furnish proper work related clothing and items necessary to work in inclement weather.
- Be willing to accept job assignments which may fall outside of normal job description.
- Assist maintenance crew in all area of department responsibilities and perform routine maintenance services to main facility and off-site locations.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by reporting senior.
- Employee may work in close proximity to horses.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE:
- Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Innovation: Able to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursue ongoing system improvement; play with concepts and ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Resource Management: Able to control one’s own time and time of direct reports; prepare budgets and spend money wisely; ensure that people have needed equipment; identify and fulfill staffing needs.
- Visioning- Able to pursue potential expansion opportunities for the organization; champion radically different ideas and be a leader in the market, identify long-term goals and invest appropriate resources as needed; communicate vision in a way that inspires others.
- Conflict Management: Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Negotiating: Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identify hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry trends; learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect materials for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Policies, Process, Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to written rules or practices.
- Team Centered- Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
- Equipment Knowledge-Able to operate various types of office equipment including, but not limited to; personal computers, printers, 10 key adding machines, copy machines, FAX machines, telephone, typewriter, and other departmental related systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift a maximum of 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- May require the knowledge, skills, and experienced operating heavy equipment.
- Experience in all applications of paint, drywall, and finishing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools.
- Able to work flexible hours in inclement weather.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to apply today!