- Aug 30, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
MSC Industiral Supply Co is hiring for a Shipping Supervisor job in Columbus,OH
Build a better career with MSC.
On Forbes List of ‘Best American Employers’
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., North America’s leading distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
MSC is growing—and going—strong. We seek an experienced Shipping Supervisor to lead and oversee our warehouse teams and ensure optimum service levels across Customer Fulfillment Center shipping functions, including drop-shipment loading onto delivery trucks and the trucks’ scheduled departures.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Supervise Shipping Department workflow to ensure optimum service levels, maintain standard operating procedures, certify delivery trucks’ scheduled departures, and confirm back-up delivery service if required.
- Delegate through work team coach to ensure smooth flow of processes.
- Perform supervisory duties for large associate base: conduct reviews, oversee development, document attendance, submit payroll information, and issue corrective action to associates.
- Conduct daily department meetings and attend cross-functional meetings to foster communication and to discuss improvement opportunities and new procedures.
- Resolve customer and manifest issues.
- Manage associate growth and development.
- Oversee loading of drop shipments into delivery trucks, prepare bills of lading, monitor and order loose-fill material, perform daily uploads and close-outs in warehouse computer system, and submit reports.
- Operate basic and advanced warehouse vehicles (electric pallet jack, forklift, turret truck, order picker).
- Promote safe work practices, and ensure dock area is secure.
WHAT IT TAKES
The results-driven, safety-focused team leader we seek should have these qualifications.
- At least 2 years job-related experience, including knowledge of packing and shipping process
- Familiarity with AS/400, Kronos and/or other WMS systems
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Internal certification to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds (individual or team), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet
- Valid state driver’s license, in some instances
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities
- Straight shifts with weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Bonus Potential
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of values and trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than a million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your families’ health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.