Direct Support Professional
- Aug 30, 2017
- Healthcare : Direct Care Staff
ResCare Inc. is hiring for a Direct Care Support job in Bellefontaine,OH
~ Direct Care in Residential Support Services
~ Full-Time position
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence!
ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
ResCare has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Direct Care Support Professional. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential and highest level of independence.
Not only will you see positive results of your work every day, but you will have an opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Many leaders with ResCare began their careers as Direct Care Support Professionals.
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! Apply NOW!
Direct Care Support Professional Responsibilities:
- Performing personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, and ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks. Fostering positive relationships between individuals served and their housemates
- Ensuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment
- Assisting with toileting, including bedpans, urinals, and commode chairs
- Reminding/assisting client with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
- Encouraging self-help activities
- Reporting changes in client's condition or family situation to the office
- Documenting services provided
- Performing home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
- Planning meals, shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up
- Accompanying client to scheduled appointments
- Transporting clients or running errands for clients
Benefits to Direct Care Support Professionals:
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Specific Direct Care Support Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- High school degree/GED
- Valid driver's license (in most cases)
- Ability to work in home-like settings
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
Interested Direct Care Support professionals please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process or to attach your resume
eMail questions or your resume to: email@example.com
Call for further information:
ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Our Direct Care Support Professionals play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential and highest level of independence.