- Aug 30, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
MSC Industiral Supply Co is hiring for a Stockhandler job in Columbus,OH
2:30pm - 11:00pm
Build a better career with MSC.
On Forbes List of ‘Best American Employers’
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., North America’s leading distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
MSC is growing—and going—strong. We seek a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment to perform various manual and mechanical duties to move a variety of raw materials throughout our Customer Fulfillment Center.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Load, unload, and move product by hand, by skid, or by cart.
- Put away all required product, including DOT items, to bins and racks.
- Verify products using item numbers, descriptions and quantity, and inspect boxes and product for damage or improper packaging.
- Scans labels into warehouse computer system.
- Stage product for put-away bins, overstock or racks.
- Consolidate racks, and move and stage totes/skids for re-use.
- Operate basic (i.e., electric pallet jack, forklift) and advanced (i.e., turret truck, order picker) powered equipment.
- Train cross-functionally in other departments and functions to support business requirements.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, meet specified productivity and quality expectations, and participate in Work Clean program.
WHAT IT TAKES
The motivated individual we seek should have these qualifications.
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Willingness to work overtime to meet customer’s needs
- Internal certification to drive powered equipment within specified time requirements
- Internal certification to pick DOT-regulated items, if required
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds (individual or team), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities
- Weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Incentive bonuses and shift differential
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of values and trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than a million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your families’ health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.