Home Health Aide - early and late shifts
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide
HOME CARE PROFESSIONALS! EARLY AND LATE SHIFTS AVAILABLE!!! 6 am – 10 am 8 pm – 12 am Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland (JFSA) is actively recruiting positions for our home care division, JFSA Care at Home.
- Provides assistance with personal care, dressing, ambulation and exercises as prescribed by a nurse or rehabilitation therapist, light housekeeping, meal preparation and transportation, when appropriate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with and encourage client participation with activities of daily living to include but not limited to, bathing, dressing, ambulation and exercise.
- Assists client with ambulation, including lifting and transfers as appropriate.
- Assists with medications that are self administered by the client.
- Assists with light housekeeping and laundry.
- Assists in meal preparation and feeding of client as necessary.
- Assist in client transportation when appropriate.
- Insures a safe and sanitary environment.
- Insures safe care of client’s clothing and valuables.
- Reports all changes in client’s condition to nursing supervisor and/or program director.
- Provides documentation that is compliant with agency, state and federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Utilizes Universal Precautions. Attends 8-12 hours of in-service education annually.
- Successfully completes First Aid and CPR training every two years.
- Demonstrates awareness of, follows all safety policies and procedures, and adheres to all recommended safe work practices.
- Also contributes to the control of hazards in specified area of responsibility. Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license/auto insurance/transportation/clean
- driving record and Clear criminal background
- at least 20 years old/High School diploma/GED
- Able to pass drug test
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- One year of Experience, STNA license, or HHA certification required
Click "Apply Now" to submit an application!