Home Health Aide
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide
WE OFFER FULL-TIME AND 12 HOURS SHIFTS!!!
- Assists with and encourage client participation with activities of daily living to include but not limited to, bathing, dressing, ambulation and exercise.
- Assists client with ambulation, including lifting and transfers as appropriate.
- Assists with medications that are self administered by the client.
- Assists with light housekeeping and laundry.
- Assists in meal preparation and feeding of client as necessary.
- Assist in client transportation when appropriate.
- Insures a safe and sanitary environment.
- Insures safe care of client’s clothing and valuables.
- Reports all changes in client’s condition to nursing supervisor and/or program director.
- Provides documentation that is compliant with agency, state and federal regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Utilizes Universal Precautions.
- Attends 8-12 hours of in-service education annually. Successfully completes First
- Aid and CPR training every two years.
- Demonstrates awareness of, follows all safety policies and procedures, and adheres to all recommended safe work practices. Also contributes to the control of hazards in specified area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have1 year of professional caregiving experience in the last 3 years or an STNA license.
- Testing shall include written test and skills testing by return demonstration.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and no more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Current car insurance in your name or your name listed on the declaration page of your insurance
- Current TB test or chest x-ray
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to read, write and communicate in a caring, compassionate manner to the client
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- The ability to safely transfer clients
Click "Apply Now" to submit an application!