Direct Support Professional
- May 29, 2018
- Healthcare : Direct Care Staff
Jewish Family Service Association is hiring for a Direct Support Professional job in Beachwood,OH
OPEN INTERVIEWS WEDNESDAY APRIL 18, 2018 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Willoughby Public Library 30 East Spaulding St. Willoughby, OH 44094
Direct support Professional(DSP)
- Provide Daily Personal Care,skill development,cleaning ,Cooking,transportation
- Cuyahoga,Summit,and Geauga locations
- Full and part time,weekday 1st,2nd,3rd shift,weekends all shifts
- Previous caregiving experience preferred,American sign language(ASL) a plus
- Provides supervision and assistance to consumers at home and in the community.
- Ensures the safety, well being, and quality of life for all of the consumers. Protects consumers from injury to themselves and others.
- Assists, monitors and supervises consumers with basic personal hygiene care.
- Demonstrates activities such as bathing and dressing to train consumers in daily self-care practices.
- Assists consumers with the management of all medications.
- Assists consumers with performing household services, such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc.).
- Transports and monitors consumers to and from various activities.
- Performs housekeeping duties as scheduled or on an as needed basis.
- Ensures delivery and documentation of consumers’ services listed on ISP and reports all vital information to the Site Manager.
- Demonstrates awareness of, follows all safety policies and procedures, and adheres to all recommended safe work practices. Also contributes to the control of hazards in specified area of responsibility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Relevant direct care experience
- Ensures all essential training requirements are completed, i.e., annual training, CPR/First Aid, certified medication passing, etc.
- Maintain both a valid Ohio Drivers License, and a driving record that meets JFSA’s insurance company standards (e.g. less than 2 incidents over a 3 year period)
- Maintain personal auto liability insurance at the level that the Agency and the insurance carrier requires.
- Must have a reliable personal automobile available on a daily basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to be patient and understanding with consumers
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be a team-player
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to transfer and lift patients