Group Home Site Manager
- Sep 01, 2017
- Healthcare : General Healthcare
Group Home Site Manager
Job Summary: Ensures immediate and efficient delivery of residential/community services to persons with mental retardation/developmental disabilities. Carries out job assignments and reports to Coordinator on a weekly basis. Supervises and teaches DSP staff to understand the needs of people with mental retardation and developmental disabilities to ensure quality services to consumers. The Group Home/Site Manager should embrace the JFSA philosophy and mission: to foster a sense of belonging, nurture informed choices, support self-determination, and create an environment of empowerment for the consumers we serve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the therapeutic environment of the group residence/site. Acts as a role model for consumers and staff in areas of speech, behavior, and dress.
- Assists in instructing staff to guide and motivate consumers to develop to full potential in social skills, interpersonal relationships and moral responsibility.
- Assists Coordinator in orientation, training, supervision, evaluation, and on-going in-services/workshops as needed for staff to ensure high quality of care. Helps develop and leads on-going in-services/workshops and training programs. Supports and interprets agency policy and philosophy to staff.
- Conducts regular consumer meetings to ensure needs are being met and rights are honored.
- Participates in planning and implementing all on/off grounds daily activity and recreation programs.
- Ensures that in working with families, a positive connection to the group residence/site is maintained and home visits are both coordinated properly and encouraged.
- Maintains and monitors the group residence/site budget (programmatic funds) including house petty cash and consumer spending allowances.
- In State Licensed Group homes, are responsible for scheduling and deployment of staff for regular shifts and during emergencies in conjunction with Scheduling Coordinator. In all homes and sites, is responsible to cover hours as needed should staff coverage be unavailable.
- Works in conjunction with Human Resource Department in decisions of hiring, firing, coaching, and other changes of status of staff.
- Drives his/her personal auto between assignments, and transport clients as required into community for medical, recreational, personal, vocational or social activities.
- Attends all meetings as required by Coordinator and Director, including bi-weekly team meetings, staff meetings, orientations, and agency staff meetings.
- Participates in Residential Services on-call system.
- Oversees the daily operations of the staff, and implements the principals of effective performance management on an on-going basis.
- Drives his/her personal auto between assignments, and transport clients as required.
- Demonstrates awareness of, follows all safety policies and procedures, and adheres to all recommended safe work practices. Also contributes to the control of hazards in specified area of responsibility.
Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College level class work in a related field preferred
- Fluency in ASL is required.
- Maintain both a valid Ohio Drivers License, and a driving record that meets JFSA’s insurance company standards (e.g. less than 2 incidents over a 3 year period).
- Must have a reliable personal automobile available on a daily basis.
- Maintain personal auto liability insurance at the level that the Agency and the insurance carrier requires.
- Ensures all essential training requirements are completed, i.e., Annual Training, CPR, First Aid, Certified Medication Passing.
Click the “Apply Now!” button to submit an online application TODAY!