Mutli Craft Techician
- Sep 01, 2017
- Manufacturing : General Manufacturing
Novolex 1440 LeMay Drive Ste. 118 - Carrollton, Texas, 75007
Novolex/Dallas is hiring for a Mutli Craft Techician job in Carrollton,TX
Mutli Craft Techician (6123)
Awarded Best Place to Work in Dallas by Star Local Media 2016 - 2nd year
• Competitive wages; Commensurate with experience
• Medical Benefits
• 401K with match
• Payroll Direct Deposit
• Opportunities for Advancement
• Periodically, opportunities for overtime are available
• General training is offered
Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for supporting various maintenance functions such as: installing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing production, process and facility manufacturing equipment onsite, as well as performing modifications, repairs, and preventative/predictive maintenance tasks on existing equipment.
The Multi-craft Technician (MT) will work on various production systems including plastic extrusion, converting, pelletizing and vacuum resin handling. In addition to production equipment the MT will also work on facility equipment such as chillers, air compressors, pumps, blowers, air conditioners, etc. The MT will utilize “Maximo” as the Computerized Maintenance Management System to schedule work, track parts, record hours worked and plan for future work. Essential to success is a focus on safety in all the actions taken by the MT and of those around them.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- General knowledge required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot high speed equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is essential.
- Position requires basic electrical knowledge.
- Candidate shall be capable of using a digital multimeter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls.
- Must be able to troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power systems, motor controls, AC/DC drives, PLC's and servo drive systems.
- Must be able to perform installation of conduit runs, disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls, motors and brushes.
- An Associate’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology is preferred but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and sound work ethics are essential.
- 2 or more years manufacturing experience in Maintenance function preferred.
- Fork lift experience helpful, but not required.
- Must possess troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety.
- Ability to work 12 hour day and night rotating shift.
- May be required to complete training courses as determined by management.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
- Candidates must provide their own tools and tool box. A general tool list can be provided.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach in, around, over and under the equipment to facilitate diagnosis and/or repair of equipment.
- At times, there may include significant pushing, pulling, bending, lifting, walking, stooping, crouching, crawling, repetitive motion, ladder and stair use.
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- Ability to use sight, sound, smell, and feel to diagnose variations in equipment performance.
- The working environment, at times, may be noisy, hot, humid, hazy or cold.
If you are interested in a production or manufacturing position, please apply online or in person.
Click on the apply button to apply online
Visit us in person: Novolex 1440 LeMay Drive, Ste. 118 Carrollton, TX 75007 Call: 1-844-201-1652 ext 372
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.