- Oct 31, 2017
- Manufacturing : Management
Novolex 1440 LeMay Drive Ste. 118 - Dallas, Texas, 75007
Novolex/Dallas is hiring for Maintenance Technician jobs in Dallas, TX
Shift Maintenance Technician (583)
Awarded Best Place to Work in Dallas by Star Local Media 2016 - 2nd year
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN BENEFITS INCLUDE:• Competitive wages; Commensurate with experience• Medical Benefits• 401K with match• Payroll Direct Deposit• Opportunities for Advancement• Vacation• Periodically, opportunities for overtime are available• General training is offered
Under the general direction of the Plant Engineer/Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible to support various maintenance functions, including assisting fellow team members, their crew, and across departments when appropriate, providing various facilities and general maintenance tasks. Essential to success is a focus on safety in all the actions taken by the EMT and of those around them.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Sweep, clean, and provide general custodial tasks.
- Sort and haul trash/recyclable materials.
- May perform outdoor lawn, garden and snow removal tasks.
- May drive fork lift and use moveable pallets.
- Provides minor mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Work with Senior Mechanics on maintenance and projects.
- May run errands.
- Participate in Pre-Shift and other Production and Communications Meetings.
- Effectively clean equipment and facility in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Support efforts to achieve output and product quality that meets plant objectives.
- Perform various other duties as requested by the leadership.
- May be required to complete training courses as determined by management.
Maintnenance Technician Candidate Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Practical knowledge in the use of cleaning products in a safe, responsible manner.
- Must be team oriented and focused on quality.
- Attention to detail, cooperative attitude, and sound work ethics are essential.
- Must be able to operate various hand tools and power tools. Machine tool experience is desired.
- Forklift experience helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
Requirements include, but are not limited to (all times are approximate):
- Sitting (3-5 hours)
- Standing (5 hours or more)
- Walking (5 hours or more)
- Lifting (Regularly/Constantly):
- 0-10 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 10-20 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 20-50 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 100 lbs. or more (Never)
- 10-20 lbs. (5 hours or more)
- 20-50 lbs. (3-5 hours)
- 50-100 lbs. (1-3 hours)
- 100 lbs. (Never)
- Pushing (1-3 hours)
- Pulling, Twisting, Climbing (1-3 hours)
- Balancing (5 hours or more)
- Stooping, Kneeling (1-3 hours)
- Crawling (Never)
- Reaching, Grasping, Repetitive Motions (1-3 hours)
If you are interested in a production or manufacturing position, please apply online or in person.Click on the apply button to apply onlineOrVisit us in person: Novolex 1440 LeMay Drive, Ste. 118 Carrollton, TX 75007 Call: 1-844-201-1652 ext 372
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 40 manufacturing facilities strategically located across North America, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 6,000 employees in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.