- Sep 13, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
2000 Commerce Ctr. Dr - Franklin, Ohio, 45005
Burrows Packaging, a Novlex Company is hiring for the positions of Production in Franklin, OH
Entry Level Production Operators: $11.20 - $11.50
Production Operator Benefits:
- Career Advancement
- Complete Benefit Package after 30 days
Production Operator Position Summary:
While working in a safe, effective manner, keeping quality in mind at all times, working in a cooperative team environment to feed, remove and package Burrows Paper Corporation products. Completing the entire finishing process through date coding, case taping and palletizing of all finished cases, including accurate paperwork throughout the entire forming process and inventory control.
Production Operator Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Knows and comprehends basic start-up/shut down of all related equipment (i.e. formers, tape machine stretch wrapper, computers, etc.).
- Inspects/loads F-Flute or other blanks into former hoppers.
- Removes completed boxes from discharge end of former.
- Inspects completed boxes to verify conformance to customer specifications, discarding all non-conformance materials.
- Shuts down any equipment when malfunctioning or producing non- conforming materials.
- Wraps completed, inspected product in bags if required, or other required packaging material.
- Able to feed any former and pack finished product into shipping container for shipment.
- Date codes each case with the proper manufacturing date/shift on which product is produced, making sure all codes are legible.
- Stacks/palletizes finished cases on appropriate pallets, according to customer specifications.
- Fills out finished goods tickets with all the required information, in a neat and accurate manner. Using the computer and SAP software to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Stretch wraps finished loads to secure for warehousing storage/final shipment.
- Moves finished pallets of product to the identified storage area with hand truck.
- Keeps all work areas and machines in good manufacturing housekeeping condition at all times.
- Performs all duties with minimal supervision requirements.
- Informs shift forming operators, shift manager or shift assistant of problems that may arise.
- Performs all other duties or tasks as required by supervision.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Production Operator Candidate Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Should possess basic mechanical skills.
- Capable of working in hot environment.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., to a height of 7 to 8 ft. when stacking finished product.
- Must have basic troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend Basic English.
- Due to fluctuating production levels employees may be asked to work beyond normally scheduled work hours or less than normally scheduled work hours. Employees may be required to work weekends or partial weekends on a scheduled basis. You may also be called in during non-scheduled hours.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, move about facility, climb stairs, bend, twist, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools and controls, grasp, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, lift above shoulder level. Specific vision abilities required include
To apply for the position of Production Operator:
In person: Burrows, 2000 Commerce Ctr. Dr. Franklin, OH 45005
Email your resume/work history to: BHR@BurrowsPaper.com
Call toll free: 1-844-204-6941
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 49 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
- Novolex’s™ mission is to continue a tradition of leadership established by our historic brands in the areas of packaging choice, customer service, manufacturing innovation, quality, and sustainability.
Our Vision Statement
- To be a leading provider of packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly, create value for the customer and Novolex™, have excellent quality, and provide superior service.
- We want to accomplish this with an entrepreneurial culture which drives operational excellence and proactively creates ecological solutions.
Our Environmental Mission
Novolex's sustainability goal is to establish a viable environmental program and product line that:
- Reduces the impact of plastic and paper on the environment through recycling and increased recycled content
- Sets a high standard of industry leadership and corporate citizenship
- Creates meaningful benefits for the environment and the community
- Facilitates environmental action by retailers and the community
For more information on Novolex™, visit our website at: www.novolex.com
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex.
Novolex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.