Multi-craft Maintenance Mechanic
- Sep 13, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
2000 Commerce Ctr. Dr - Franklin, Ohio, 45005
Burrows Packaging a Novolex Brand is now hiring for the position of Multi-crafter Maintenance Mechanic in Franklin, OH
Multi-crafter Maintenance Mechanic $29.31 per hour to start.
- Career Advancement
- Complete Benefit Package after 30 days
Multi-crafter Maintenance Mechanic Position Summary
Perform advanced level maintenance and troubleshooting on individual systems and processes. Serve as crew leader and oversee the work of lower-level Maintenance Mechanics. Review workload and establish priority of maintenance work orders and unscheduled downtime with minimal supervision. While working in a safe, effective manner, keep quality in mind at all times. Work in a cooperative team environment to carry out the preventative maintenance program, repair, modify and overhaul the plant equipment and maintain building as necessary. Perform all other duties or tasks as directed by supervision.
Multi-crafter Maintenance Mechanic ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform all lower level maintenance functions.
- Troubleshoot/maintain boiler and steam controls.
- Analyze equipment and verify procedures and ensure documentation is up to date and complete for preventive maintenance.
- Lay-out large projects, compile a materials list from drawings, construct a time line for completion.
- Inspect completed work performed by internal maintenance personal and outside contractors, insuring that it conforms to Burrows Paper Corporation specifications, safety rules.
- Serve as primary resource for machine/process troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform routine and advanced mechanical troubleshooting and pressurized testing of equipment. (hydraulics, vacuum, etc.)
- Perform and train others to perform preventative maintenance (PM).
- Develop preventative maintenance instructions for equipment (TPM).
10. Assist in planning and administration of PM program.
11. Develop spare parts list for equipment.
12. Assist site or Project Engineering with process or equipment improvements.
13. Assist in troubleshooting logic systems including, PLC.
14. Ability to diagnose, repair and improve complete, complex mechanical systems, including pneumatic and hydraulic.
15. Understand and recommend safe alternative solutions for resolving mechanical malfunctions.
16. Demonstrate ability to fabricate parts from a print.
17. Apply and perform safe rigging practices and procedures.
18. Evaluate Preventative Maintenance programs for currency, monitor/ tracking effectiveness, reduce equipment downtime; and develop Predictive Maintenance practices.
19. Update equipment documentation as equipment changes are made.
20. Perform all duties in accordance with established safety procedures; recommend changes to enhance safety.
21. Assign work to lower-level Maintenance Mechanics and provide training in the proper methods to carry out assignments.
22. Knowledge of all phases of commercial building maintenance.
23. Ability to rebuild Bobst sector and retime machine.
24. Ability to set preload on knives on Fosber.
25. Assemble/ Calibrate Corrugator rolls and Glue units.
26. F&K – Lead in the replacement of anilox/plate shafts, disassemble idle rolls and reset/ realign.
27. Bobst – remove/ rebuild main flywheel assembly and worm gear.
28. Advance brazing, arc welding, tig welding and mig welding.
29. Troubleshoot belts, load cells, gripper bar register adjustments and chains.
Multi-crafter Maintenance Mechanic PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Expected to think and work independently, without direct supervision. Ability to prioritize work load.
- Adhere to Company rules and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of all Emergency and Safety policies and procedures, documentation procedures, equipment operating parameters and all HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Cooperate with fellow employees.
- Is waste conscious of efforts and materials at all times.
- Strive to achieve quality product.
Multi-crafter Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- High school degree or GED. Additional applicable training and/or certification from a recognized trade school with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in an applicable maintenance field.
- Capable of working in hot environment and in areas where inks and lubricants are used.
- Lift and carry 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must have troubleshooting abilities.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have advanced computer and math skills.
- Must possess the ability to coach, lead, and train others.
- Ability to be flexible to work demands outside of regular work shift.
- Must have a forklift license.
10. Pressure testing equipment experience helpful.
To apply for the position of Multi-craft Maintenance Mechanic:
In person: Burrows, 2000 Commerce Ctr. Dr. Franklin, OH 45005
Email your resume/work history to: BHR@BurrowsPaper.com
Call toll free: 1-844-204-6941
While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally is exposed to fumes or other airborne particles and vibration.
Noise levels in the work environment usually in the range of 85 decibels.
Employee will be subject to mandatory testing for drugs and/or alcohol on a random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty, and follow-up basis.
**The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent to the position. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Pre-employment, as well as post-hire substance testing, is required for specified positions through Novolex.
Novolex is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Novolex is an E-Verify Employer.
About the Company
- Novolex™ is North America’s leader in packaging choice and sustainability.
- The leadership of Novolex’s packaging brands sprouts from innovation, a diversity of products and markets, and a dedication to sustainability and quality.
- The family of historic Novolex™ brands includes Bagcraft® Packaging, Hilex Poly®, Fortune Plastics®, Duro Bag®, De Luxe® Packaging, Burrows Paper, Novolex Custom Film & Bag™, International Converter®, General Packaging® Products, and Heritage Bag®.
- Each of the Novolex™ brands brings a unique sustainability and product story in plastic, paper, foil, recycling, or composting applications. The Novolex™ brands are unified by four common values: Manufacturing Innovation and Quality; Service; Packaging Choice; and Sustainability.
- Novolex™ is headquartered in Hartsville, SC and has 49 manufacturing facilities around the globe, including the worlds’ largest closed loop plastic bag recycling plant located in Indiana. The company has over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia.
- Novolex™ focuses on customers within the retail, grocery, convenience store, deli, food service, hospitality, institutional, processor and industrial markets. The Novolex™ product portfolio and our engineered solutions are designed to meet customer packaging application needs in the areas of food contact, customer experience, resale items, checkout systems, can liners and packaging operations.
- The company rebranded under the name Novolex™ in November 2014. The change signifies a number of great companies coming together under a new name focused on delivering value to our customers, suppliers and employees through broader product categories and markets. Novolex’s family of packaging brands creates value and synergies by covering the full spectrum of retailer and institutional companies packaging requirements.
- The Novolex™ name is based on the Latin “NOVO” for new and “LEX” a tip of the hat to Hilex Poly, the first brand to become part of the family. The blue and red of our logo represents the integration of both paper and plastic into our sustainability platform with red and blue being the legacy corporate colors of Hilex Poly® and Duro Bag® respectively.
Protecting and preserving the environment through sustainable manufacturing practices is the way Burrows Packaging does business. Burrows’ long-standing focus on sustainability began in 1919 with the use of recycled fiber as part of its papermaking. Today, Burrows makes use of recycled materials and uses renewable resources.