Warehouse Incentive Selector
- Oct 15, 2017
- Factory & Warehouse : General Factory & Warehouse
Wednesday, August 30, 2PM - 6PM
1 Elizabeth Drive, Chester, NY
Drop in, take a tour, have an interview right on the spot, and learn more about having an exciting career in the Supply Chain and Logistics Industry! Can't wait? Apply now at WeSelectTheBest.com!
C&S Wholesale Grocers has immediate openings for Warehouse Incentive Selectors at their Newburgh, NY and Chester, NY facilities!
Pay & Benefits :
- $15-$25 PLUS per hour
- Insurance that fits your needs
- Paid vacations and personal days
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) matching
- 4 day work weeks
- Excellent growth opportunities – we like to promote from within!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
- Use a headset or pick sheet to find individual items within warehouse
- Remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet
- Stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Move pallet on an electric pallet jack until full or order is complete
- Ensure item pick accuracy and safety of product to prevent damage
- Inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or product description
- Wrap the pallet by circling load with roll of plastic wrap until secure
- Other Duties as Assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
You will be constantly standing, walking, riding, carrying, twisting, bending, balancing, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. You will always be lifting objects weighing from less than 20 lbs. to 60 lbs. And occasionally you will be pushing, sitting, touching, reaching, climbing, pulling, and gripping!
- GED, High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE)
- Ability to operate battery hoist
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application now!
Quality in Everything We Do
Five words to live by – and we do. The work ethic of a C&S team member is second to none. We get the job done, and we get it done right. There are no exceptions. The most successful C&Sers are true go-getters! If you are motivated and constantly asking for more responsibility, the possibilities are endless.
Braggingly Happy Customers
Our goal is to have customers so pleased with the quality of our service that they tell everyone they know. We dedicate ourselves to anticipating and satisfying customer needs, and we deliver the best service and value we can.
Braggingly Happy Team Members
C&S is a rapidly growing company, and there are plenty of opportunities for ambitious team members to earn greater responsibility. Many of our current supervisors, warehouse managers, and Vice Presidents started as Selectors! Employees have the choice to work in the corporate offices, move laterally in the warehouse, or transfer to other warehouses. These opportunities allow employees at all levels to continue learning and permit C&S to utilize all of the skills of our employees who know the business from many different angles.
Everyone Involved in Everything
Our teams are successfully working to break through the silo model of doing business, emphasizing the importance of interdepartmental communication and interaction. Project teams combine members of multiple departments to have a broad perspective of the business when tackling a challenge, reducing bottlenecks and increasing productivity. Our team members understand that everyone needs to do their part to make the entire operation successful, and that working together to reach our goals makes the end result that much better.
We offer Selectors and Supervisors the opportunity to work in other warehouses. Known as "Special Warehouse Attack Teams," those who become SWAT members are some of the fastest and most knowledgeable and efficient workers in their roles. They are able to jump into a new location and pick up the slack during busy times, holidays, or other times when an extra hand is needed. This is a great opportunity to travel and network with other teams, and to make an impact on the operation of another C&S facility.
Have Fun in the Process
The best way to build a solid team is through camaraderie, so we organizes picnics, employee appreciation celebrations, and other events to bring people closer together and give them the opportunity to set work aside for a few hours. C&S also supports associates who participate in local sports leagues and charity sporting events, as well as employee volunteerism. A recent addition to C&S networking opportunities is the BragNet, our internal networking group.