Master Teacher Assistant
- Sep 20, 2017
- Education : General Education
3954 Gannon Lane - Dallas, Texas, 75237
Head Start of Greater Dallas, Inc. is hiring for a Master Teacher Assistant job in Dallas,TX
- Paid Vacation after 1-year employment
- Paid Sick Leave
- 2 weeks paid Winter Break
- Medical Insurance
- 4 paid Personal days
- Dental Insurance
- 6 paid Holidays
- 403b Plan
- Bilingual incentive pay
Master Teacher Assistant positions share the following responsibilities:
(A) working with identified children with specific needs in the classroom setting, and supporting inclusive curriculum provided in accordance with 45 CFR 1308:
(B) working closely with the Master Teacher in a class setting in implementing social and emotional plans for children with specific needs, including children with challenged behaviors
(C) working with the Special services Staff to encourage children with specific needs’ overall growth and development
(D) following any behavior management plan recommended for each child during class activities
(E) direct guidance of the child with specific needs in the areas of self-help, cognitive, social, emotional, motor and language development.
- AA degree in Childhood or Early Childhood
- One-year experience working directly with children with various challenges including behavior or social skills.
- Working knowledge of special education regulations Psychiatric Technician Certification
- 6 months working directly with children with various challenges including behavior or social skills.
- CDA – two to four years working directly with children with various challenges including behavior or social skills.
Location: Margaret H. Cone
Click the "Apply Now" button to complete an online application or mail in your resume to the address listed above.
About Head Start:
Head Start of Greater Dallas serves more than 4,400 low-income, preschool age children, and their families at 46 center locations throughout Dallas County. Of these centers, three are Early Head Start Centers and one is a home-based Early Head Start Center that serves infants, toddlers and pregnant mothers.