Travel Pediatric Nurse - (Peds RN - Pedi RN)
- San Jose,CA
- Aug 30, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
12895258 Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Nurse - (Peds RN - Pedi RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 8 N Pay Rate: $38.00 - 41.00
- 200+ bed Level 2 Trauma center and Stroke center, using Meditech charting.
- Recent recognition and awards include America's 100 Best Cardiac Care 2015-2017, America's 100 Best General Surgery 2017, America's 100 Best Coronary Intervention 2017, Stroke Care Excellence Award 2016/2017, Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award 2016/2017, and Treatment of Heart Attack-5-star recipient 2017
- The hospital is located just 1 hour south of San Francisco, where Silicon Valley meets Spanish history and modern edifices sit alongside meticulously restored 19th-century buildings. Five star-hotels and fine restaurants line the streets of the restored downtown area, and the cultural scene is thriving with museums, theater and art to rival any world-class hub.
The role of the pediatric nurse (Pedi RN / Peds RN) is to provide comprehensive, age-appropriate care to patients aged approximately 30 days to 18 years. Working in both inpatient and outpatient settings, pediatric nurses specialize in providing age-appropriate care for children with a variety of physical and mental disabilities and/or acute and chronic medical and surgical conditions. The Pedi RN also collaborates with the patient's family to best promote healthful practices and disease prevention.
- Current CA license
- Must be willing and able to work with both Pedi and Adult patients. Pedi census averages 1.2/day here, so RN will frequently have Adults.
About the Facility
Specializing in primary and acute care services, this medical center proudly serves residents of the San Jose area. The facility is committed to bringing wordclass, cutting edge care to its patients, and boasts a medical staff of more than 500 professionals operating in 21 fields of medicine. Having first opened in 1965, the medical center has quickly grown to become a preferred and leading healthcare provider to the San Jose community. The hospital receives many accreditations and accolades from national and regional agencies, including accreditation by the Joint Commission and the AHA. It was also recently named to the prestigious US News and Report list of top performing hospitals in the region.
Ranked as the fifth most popular place to live in America, it's no wonder that traveling health care professionals enjoy packing their bags for San Jose. Once a sleepy orchard town, the prosperity of Silicon Valley has transformed this area into a thriving city of fine restaurants, great shopping, world-class arts and culture, a state-of-the-art light-rail system and plenty of big-city excitement.
Onward Healthcare's travel nursing assignments typically last 13 weeks, and include:
- Competitive pay rates and comprehensive benefits
- Medical plans with dental and vision
- Complimentary, high-quality private housing
- 401(k) and flex spending options
- Life insurance
- Accident and short-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education (CE) courses
- Travel allowances
- Guaranteed pay program
- Tuition discount program
- Referral bonuses
About the Company
Onward Healthcare, an AMN Healthcare company, is a travel nursing company dedicated to moving our nurses careers "onward and upward." Our team of expert recruiters connect clinicians with exclusive travel nursing opportunities at the nation's top hospitals and healthcare facilities. Onward's nursing assignments are part of a larger, comprehensive RN career development and consultation service. Onward/AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer.
Pediatric licensed practical nurse, pediatric nurse, pediatric, pediatrics, pedi, pedi RN, pedi RN, peds RN, peds RN, RN, R.N., registered nurse, healthcare, health care, medical, hospital