Medical Surgical Nurse - (MS RN)
- San Jose,CA
- Aug 30, 2017
- Healthcare : Registered Nurse (RN)
12895554 Job Description & Requirements
Medical Surgical Nurse - (MS RN)
StartDate: ASAP Available Shifts: 8 N Pay Rate: $32.00 - 37.00
- 200+ bed Level 2 Trauma center and Stroke center, using Meditech charting.
- Recent recognition and awards include America's 100 Best Cardiac Care 2015-2017, America's 100 Best General Surgery 2017, America's 100 Best Coronary Intervention 2017, Stroke Care Excellence Award 2016/2017, Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award 2016/2017, and Treatment of Heart Attack-5-star recipient 2017
- The hospital is located just 1 hour south of San Francisco, where Silicon Valley meets Spanish history and modern edifices sit alongside meticulously restored 19th-century buildings. Five star-hotels and fine restaurants line the streets of the restored downtown area, and the cultural scene is thriving with museums, theater and art to rival any world-class hub.
Often referred to as the backbone of adult-care facilities, medical-surgical nurses are responsible for all adult patients receiving medical or surgical care. The med-surg RN typically works in the following settings:
- Outpatient facilities
- Home care
- Urgent care
- Long-term care Because they generally care for a large amount of patients at any given time, medical-surgical nurses face a wide variety of health conditions
- Current CA license
- Must be willing and able to work with both Pedi and Adult patients. Pedi census averages 1.2/day here, so RN will frequently have Adults.
About the Facility
Specializing in primary and acute care services, this medical center proudly serves residents of the San Jose area. The facility is committed to bringing wordclass, cutting edge care to its patients, and boasts a medical staff of more than 500 professionals operating in 21 fields of medicine. Having first opened in 1965, the medical center has quickly grown to become a preferred and leading healthcare provider to the San Jose community. The hospital receives many accreditations and accolades from national and regional agencies, including accreditation by the Joint Commission and the AHA. It was also recently named to the prestigious US News and Report list of top performing hospitals in the region.
Ranked as the fifth most popular place to live in America, it's no wonder that traveling health care professionals enjoy packing their bags for San Jose. Once a sleepy orchard town, the prosperity of Silicon Valley has transformed this area into a thriving city of fine restaurants, great shopping, world-class arts and culture, a state-of-the-art light-rail system and plenty of big-city excitement.
At American Mobile Healthcare we take care of our travelers! We offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Free, quality, private housing
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) and Flex Spending
- Life Insurance
- Accident and Short-term Disability Coverage
- Free Continuing Education
- Refer a friend and earn extra cash!
About the Company
Since its inception in 1985, American Mobile Healthcare has set the highest standards in professional recruitment for the travel healthcare industry. Our professional staffing team offers unparalleled customer service and industry commitment, as well as top pay and benefits. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
Medical surgery nurse, medical surgery RN, med surg nurse, med surg RN, patient care, nurse, nursing, RN, R.N., registered nurse, healthcare, health care, hospital
American Mobile Healthcare